Florida-West Coast

Center Place Fine Arts and Civic Association

I am having my reception at the Brandon Center Place Fine Arts and Civic Association and I can't quite think of how to decorate it! My theme is damask with kiwi lime green... Gonna be between 80100 guests... Anyone have any ideas?? Budget is about 6,000! Also any ideas on good but cheap catering would be fantastic as well as hair and make up places in the Brandon area... It's going to be an ItalianIrish wedding dear Lord help me!! ; So there will be lots of talking, eating, dancing and so on... My family the Irish side will be flying in from out of state and have never met his family, any ideas on how to get both families involved would be helpful too... Me and the FI are doing it by ourselves with little help from our parents due to financial issues. Love to hear back!

Re: Center Place Fine Arts and Civic Association

• Not sure about the venue because I have never seen it but for catering I can pipe in. I met with SO MANY local caterers. The best prices with the biggest bang for the buck was Olympia. That is who we signed with. I met with Taryn over there and they provided us an incredible personalized taste test. I would give them a call. As far as decorations, I am sure you can find a lot of things with that color scheme. If you have any links to the inside, post them or photos and maybe I can suggest more things for inside. When is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh & another thing. I am 100% Italian. I would say those two cultures will get along great. Lots of talking, food, drinking and dancing for sure! Maybe incorporate some traditional Italian fun songs. If his family is coming, they would appreciate it. There are some great ones and everyone gets in a circle and dances around. Maybe have two signature drinks - One for your culture and one for his? There are lots of Italian cocktails.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much! I will definitely check into them. I love the drink idea!! I do have a few pictures from what the website posted. I had others on my phone but can't find them =( And unfortunately I can't post what I have off my phone for some reason... I'll definitely get them up when I get home from work... The wedding date is June 22, 2013 =)
  • Hi Melissa,

I was thinking of booking this place for our wedding next summer. Did you like the venue? 

We have about the same 6k budget and this place looks very nice for the price. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards