Pennsylvania
Options

Cheap Photographer

I don't understand where photographers got the idea they can charge thousands of dollars for photographs. I refuse to pay thousands of dollars for a bunch of photos I don't even end up getting printed out. My fiance and I are looking for a photographer that is willing to take non-staged photos in more of a photo journalistic style or documentary style. I want to relive my wedding everything i look at these photos. Any one have suggestions where I can find a photographer that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg? We want to get married and remember it not be broke for the rest of our lives.

Re: Cheap Photographer

• Options
    I think you hit the nail on the head. You want Cheap. You also said that you want to look back at your pictures over the years and relive that day. Only through photographs can you do that. Your dress will be boxed, your cake will be eaten, your dj has gone home, and the reception hall has moved onto the next couple. If you are looking for a professional then you will see that photography isn't just snapping a button. For each wedding photographed its over 50 hours worth of work. We don't just shoot and hand the pictures to you. There are countless meetings, post production work, albums, assistants to pay, etc. We don't just work for 8 hours on your wedding day and go home rolling in money. I will tell you that after me being a professional photographer for over 20 years that you get what you pay for. I have had bride after bride come back to me after the wedding crying to see if I can "FIX" the photos because the person that shot it "CHEAP" wasn't a professional and didn't know what they were doing. You need someone who will know exactly what memories to capture as well as how to handle all situations such as low lighting, dancing, formals, posed and photojournalist pictures. There are photographers out there in all price ranges. Ask to see a FULL wedding from them and not just a few select photos. Anyone can take 5 good photos at a wedding, but will they capture the full day correctly? Also find out if they have a degree in Photography or a hobbyist that picked up a camera one day and said "I think I'll be a photographer" Stay away from Photographers with little to no experience because once your wedding is over, there is no "redos" on the photos for the day once they are missed. Good luck in your search.
  • Options
    Thank you for your input as a professional. I understand what goes into photography, however we are not looking for posed photos, its an out door wedding so there will be no low lighting. We do not want an album that will be shut up in a closet somewhere collecting dust. Just a few photos taken like when hanging out with friends, snap shot here, snap shot there, Really the only wedding photos we want are the obvious ones, the first kiss, and the walking down the aisle together. The rest we just want the day captured. Nothing staged, those photos are fake and ruin the day. 
  • Options
    I recommend Renee Dee Photography!  Search her via Facebook.  She is very affordable
  • Options
    Lorxx099, thank you for the suggestion I will look into her
  • Options
    When and where are you getting married?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards