Wedding Woes
Options

Randoms

I just have to say how much I love the new house/neighborhood.  I took the kids to the pool Saturday, and everyone we met was really nice and friendly.  And it's a better pool than our old one--the old one was deeper, but this one is freeform, with a shallower shallow end (for DS) and one of those mushroom waterfall sprayers.  And it's within walking distance--the old one technically was, but I wouldn't walk it with two kids and all our swim gear in the middle of summer.  Now it's a <5 min. walk pulling the wagon.  (Plus DD sits behind DS and wraps her arms around his waist and he leans against her all relaxed, it's super sweet.)

And with a flat front lawn and sidewalks, the Woozle spends more time outside--our old front lawn was not really conducive to playing, so she spent most of her time in the back.  She was outside drawing with sidewalk chalk and riding her scooter and made two friends yesterday evening.  (I met their mom and she seems cool.)  There are lots of kids for her to play with in the new neighborhood, not so much in the old one.  (No one close to her age near us, because I think a lot of people did what we did and moved when their kids hit school age, due to the crappy elementary school assignment.)  And bless her heart, I love playing with the Woozle but it's nice when she can amuse herself with other kids for a while.  (When I was home with DS a few weeks ago when he had that stomach bug, I kept DD home too.  When I took 30 sec for a desperately-needed pee after I finally got cranky DS to nap, she popped in and said "Why aren't you playing with me?"  I channeled my mother when I said "Because I'm sitting on the toilet, that's why.")

And everyone who recommended the LG washer and dryer is a genius.  Did my first load last night, and after the kids were in bed, DH and I turned off the laundry room light, turned on the drum light, and just watched for a few minutes.  "Do you hear how quiet it is?"  "I know, I snuck into DS's closet [on the other side of the wall from the LR] and you couldn't even hear it."  "Did you see how when it started, it kind of jostled the clothes back and forth?  I think it was figuring out how big the load was."  "Did you see how it sprayed water directly on the clothes?"  Y'all, we don't even need TV anymore, this is what happens when you get old.

More randoms?

Re: Randoms

• Options
    1a. It smells like onions all around my house.  I think we have more chives growing than grass anymore.  I did a little weed-eating/edging while the girls were playing in their pool and I mowed down a ton of chives.  The smell is so strong.

1b. There's this older lady who used to come take some chives.  About two weeks after we moved in here, I saw a person lurking between our back fence and the neighbor's.  When I went outside to see WTF was going on, she said she was friends with the people who used to live here and she planted the chives and wanted to get some of them.  I was weirded out but said ok.  She came back only a few times that summer and I haven't seen her since (5 years).  I just saw her this morning as I was pulling into the garage.

1c.  Seriously, chives.  WhyTF do they spread/grow like crazy?  They are popping up in places I've never noticed them before.

2.  The girls want to swim but it's only 66*.

3.  I ordered DD1 some school clothes yesterday.  She's easy.  I dread school clothes shopping for Son.

4.  You know how we say no one will be as excited about your wedding as you and your FI?  Well, I think I'm just as excited as my sister for hers.  I might need a HSDC.
  • Options
    Heffa - between the kids and the washing machine, you can cancel your cable, for sure.  Glad you like the LG!  :)

Taw - I get super excited about weddings, too.  Which explains part of why I'm still on the knot, 8 years later...

My randoms:
    1 - DD starts school on Monday.  We get to "meet the teacher" tonight.  I am so excited about tonight, but so "meh" about Monday.  I am not ready for the change in schedule and life in general.  My work schedule is changing, too, AND my office is moving.  Too much change at once.  Ugh.

2 - Every day, DD is moving more to being a "kid" and less being a "little girl".  She's growing up so fast - she's lost every bit of her baby fat - chubby cheeks - etc.  Her voice has changed.  She's having really amazing, complex, logical thoughts.  She's a little adult.  I might be freaking out a little bit here.

3- related to the above - - I hate to admit this - - but I have the baby rabies something fierce.  I'm currently on a birth control hiatus (giving my body a rest) so I better get back on it quick to get these hormones under control.  Get that clock to stop ticking so loudly!!!
  • Options
    I'm with you on the kid changes, flo.  I sometimes do a double-take because what she's doing just seems older than the way I see her.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I just have to say how much I love the new house/neighborhood.  I took the kids to the pool Saturday, and everyone we met was really nice and friendly.  And it's a better pool than our old one--the old one was deeper, but this one is freeform, with a shallower shallow end (for DS) and one of those mushroom waterfall sprayers.  And it's within walking distance--the old one technically was, but I wouldn't walk it with two kids and all our swim gear in the middle of summer.  Now it's a <5 min. walk pulling the wagon.  (Plus DD sits behind DS and wraps her arms around his waist and he leans against her all relaxed, it's super sweet.)

And with a flat front lawn and sidewalks, the Woozle spends more time outside--our old front lawn was not really conducive to playing, so she spent most of her time in the back.  She was outside drawing with sidewalk chalk and riding her scooter and made two friends yesterday evening.  (I met their mom and she seems cool.)  There are lots of kids for her to play with in the new neighborhood, not so much in the old one.  (No one close to her age near us, because I think a lot of people did what we did and moved when their kids hit school age, due to the crappy elementary school assignment.)  And bless her heart, I love playing with the Woozle but it's nice when she can amuse herself with other kids for a while.  (When I was home with DS a few weeks ago when he had that stomach bug, I kept DD home too.  When I took 30 sec for a desperately-needed pee after I finally got cranky DS to nap, she popped in and said "Why aren't you playing with me?"  I channeled my mother when I said "Because I'm sitting on the toilet, that's why.")

And everyone who recommended the LG washer and dryer is a genius.  Did my first load last night, and after the kids were in bed, DH and I turned off the laundry room light, turned on the drum light, and just watched for a few minutes.  "Do you hear how quiet it is?"  "I know, I snuck into DS's closet [on the other side of the wall from the LR] and you couldn't even hear it."  "Did you see how when it started, it kind of jostled the clothes back and forth?  I think it was figuring out how big the load was."  "Did you see how it sprayed water directly on the clothes?"  Y'all, we don't even need TV anymore, this is what happens when you get old.

More randoms?
    I laughed at this initially, but now my eyes are all big, and I'm just thinking, "I need an LG washer now..."
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    -man, now I want a new washer, mine are new at only 8 years old, so no such luck---though needing larger appliances isn't really "lucky"

-I'm hungry, but not wanting to eat, because I'm lazy.  I know---weird.  Whatever.

-Being childfree it seems my randoms are so self-absorbed.  Yep.

-BFF's wedding is this weekend, any pointers on a speech?  Besides---don't drink and blubber?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My dryer is still effed up.  I asked for recommendations for a company to clean the vents and I get "use a leaf blower" "we re-routed our vent."  Mofos that's not a help!

My kid has had 2 pee accidents today.  They had another MASSIVE mess of sidewalk chalk.  I made them throw it away. Why so much extra laundry when I can't dry it!

The good news is 6let doesn't have allergies.  He's pretty smart though.  He said we go through 3 gallons of milk in 5 days (true). I asked how many gallons we would need for 10 days and he said 6 (with an implied duh).

I've made 3 dozen zucchini tots, 2 loaves zucchini blueberry bread, and still have a shit ton to deal with.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member

My flour bag had a hole in the bottom and Max just tried to eat his poo.  I'm over the day.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    6fsn said:

My flour bag had a hole in the bottom and Max just tried to eat his poo.  I'm over the day.

*ded
  • Options
    6fsn said:

My day doesn't seem so bad.  Hope today gets better, 6.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    There's nothing selfish about CF randoms O,--I sometimes feel like I'm being my own version of "awww, isn't she precious" and/or 'help, I'm lost in kid world and it's sucking up my identity' on making my kid-centric instead of 'rest of my life' centric.

I want a dryer younger than I am, one of these days.

Fuck, I bet I need to write a wedding speech in the near future.
  • Options
    6fsn said:

My dryer is still effed up.  I asked for recommendations for a company to clean the vents and I get "use a leaf blower" "we re-routed our vent."  Mofos that's not a help!

My kid has had 2 pee accidents today.  They had another MASSIVE mess of sidewalk chalk.  I made them throw it away. Why so much extra laundry when I can't dry it!

The good news is 6let doesn't have allergies.  He's pretty smart though.  He said we go through 3 gallons of milk in 5 days (true). I asked how many gallons we would need for 10 days and he said 6 (with an implied duh).

I've made 3 dozen zucchini tots, 2 loaves zucchini blueberry bread, and still have a shit ton to deal with.

This isn't a company, so still not what you asked for, but closer:  DH bought this thing that attaches to a cordless drill and it de-lints the entire dryer duct.  We used it on our old dryer and it was amazing.

But no companies to recommend, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards