Just Engaged and Proposals

What a roller coaster it has been....

My girlfriend proposed to me this past Friday night.  I totally figured it out the day before, but it was still super special.  My best friend band was playing at the bar we had our first "outing/date" together.  It was the place I "came out of the closet" to my friends and a place that we frequent and always have a great time.  So she invited my mom, sister and closest friends out for the night.  So all of the people closest to me where there.  Since I knew something was going on I wore a special outfit and got extra pretty.  During a break in the band my girlfriend called me up on stage.  She had an artist make a picture of her down on one knee proposing and as she said a bunch of mushy stuff I opened the picutre and she got down on one knee and asked me to be her wife.  The picutres also had a picutre in the backround of where we met, our first vacation and where our first kiss was.  It is so special and unique!  I wish I rembered what she said but it was all such a blur.  Even though I knew it was going to happen it was still amazing.  My mom, sister and all my friends were crying.  
I do understand that everyone doesn't agree with same sex marriages and we have had some major challanges with our families over the last few days.  Some reactions were expected and others were a surprise.  But at the end of the day I have the most amazing woman by my side and some of the best friends a girl could ask for :-)
T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY HSG 12/12/12 TTC - #1 ICI 12/15/12 BFN on 12/29/12 #2 ICI 1/11/13 BFN 1/28/13

Re: What a roller coaster it has been....

• That's awesome, congrats!
  • That is awesome! I know you're excited!
  • Congratulations!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations!!!  I really hope that the love you two share will be legally recognized all over this country soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations! What a great proposal!

• It's happy to share this, my best wishes for you two

• awww congrats

seriously do what makes you two happy - a few of my friends have come out since high school - one recently got married - she was gorgeous and so was her wife!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_roller-coaster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a434e082-92f0-45a5-a9a4-31a747b36c8dPost:c8eb39b0-941d-4bfc-a689-bc579d02eb65">Re: What a roller coaster it has been....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations!!!  I really hope that the love you two share will be legally recognized all over this country soon.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
  • Hmm. Where is it legal to marry?

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Renee, same sex marriage is legal in Connecticut, Iowa, New hampshire, Vermont, and Washington, DC, as well as Canada, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Mexico City, Mexico, Argentina
  • Thank you all so much for the support!  We do hope that one day it will be legal for us to marry.  As for right now we are commiting to eachother and will get the piece of paper in the future.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY HSG 12/12/12 TTC - #1 ICI 12/15/12 BFN on 12/29/12 #2 ICI 1/11/13 BFN 1/28/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards