Attire & Accessories Forum

Is the dress too damn boring and serious for me?

Hi brides!
I bought the Payne dress from Avenue Diagonal at the time it seemed a safe choice,it took 4 months to come to the shop and when I finally did my first fitting it didn't exactly fit, it was large on me, as I looked in the mirror my heart sunk and I decided I HATE it.
Am I crazy? I am a 32 year old bride and I feel like I'm 25 at most :) is this an old lady gown? Is it worth bothering with the alterations if I don't love it? Is it just cold dress feet?
Please give me advice.

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://www.belladonna.net.pl/Kolekcje/Suknie%25202014/Avenue%2520Diagonal%25202014/Avenue%2520Diagonal%25202014%2520-%2520Suknia%2520PAYNE/thumbs/Avenue%2520Diagonal%25202014%2520-%2520Suknia%2520PAYNE%2520D.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.belladonna.net.pl/Kolekcje/Suknie%202014/Avenue%20Diagonal%202014/Avenue%20Diagonal%202014%20-%20Suknia%20PAYNE/index.html&h=1087&w=821&tbnid=ko9BE4zZ0SqPbM:&zoom=1&docid=qzBmkhwAP8bvZM&ei=I9zXU7XfFIW-PIeEgIgP&tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1041&page=1&start=0&ndsp=43&ved=0CC4QrQMwBA

Re: Is the dress too damn boring and serious for me?

• I think it's gorgeous, and not boring or serious at all. It looks beautiful, delicate, and SUPER classy! I think you made a great choice.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• The dress is beautiful and not at all old and boring looking. I agree with PP, it's classy and the illusion lace is even a little sexy.  Every woman at any age wants to be sexy as well as classy. :)
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  •  I agree that this dress is beautiful! I definitely think it's a more sophisticated looking dress, & it really depends on your style, as to how it would look, as a statement. Maybe post some pics with it on? If not, do you have someone that could give you an honest opinion, either way? 

Regardless, the dress itself is beautiful! :)

*J
  • The dress is beautiful. It's easy to panic when it doesn't fit, but nearly all wedding dresses need alterations. We can't tell you whether the dress fits your personality, but it's in no way boring or old looking.

• Not an old lady gown, very classic. I love how it looks very traditional in the front but then when you see the back, a bit of classy sexiness.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm trying to imagine it on a real person who is not posing, and it does seem like a tad much going on up top and a pretty plain skirt.  But that is just my opinion, it is yours that counts.  Did you love it when you tried on the sample?  If you did, maybe all you need is some alterations done and you'll be in love again.  
  • The dress is gorgeous. If you feel that it's "old lady", which I don't (maybe I'm an old lady), you can pick earrings that reflect your personality and maybe some colorful shoes. You can also pick a bouquet with a more modern feel. Good luck. You have good taste and whatever you choose will be beautiful.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • I think that is a very pretty dress and very elegant. I don't think it seems "old" at all!

• Whaaa? That dress is beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all!
    Maybe it's just stress, maybe I need to go next time with a glass of wine in me :P
    I will look into maybe adding some fun accessories instead, colorful shoes, maybe a hair fascinator in my hair after the ceremony, long dangle earnings (I bought some studs).
    Thank you all!
    I am going to go try it on next week to do the first fitting, I will get a photo and share it :)
    X X X X X X
  • Thank you all!
    Maybe it's just stress, maybe I need to go next time with a glass of wine in me :P
    I will look into maybe adding some fun accessories instead, colorful shoes, maybe a hair fascinator in my hair after the ceremony, long dangle earnings (I bought some studs).
    Thank you all!
    I am going to go try it on next week to do the first fitting, I will get a photo and share it :)
    X X X X X X
    You can add all this stuff if you really want, but this dress does not need accessories to do the talking. It is a statement all on it's own. 
  • This is not old at all, it's gorgeous and rather a very classy sexy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's beautiful and not boring at all!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The front is a little to "princessy" IMO, but the back is to DIE for! Judging from the back, I'd say it's beautiful and a timeless kind of sexy. 
  • @Knottie98958260 you're totally right, it's all about how you accessorize it. If this particular dress were paired with a pearl earrings with your hair slicked back in a simple bun and you wore white satin shoes? Snore. However, it's such a classic beautiful dress that you can do really fun colorful accessories and still keep the classy look of it, but make it a bit more modern and fun at the same time. I say hot pink shoes would do this look some good! It's really a gorgeous dress.
  • I love the top, but I really don't like how the skirt is just flat across the front.  To me, that does look kind of serious and plain.  The back is fabulous, though.
  • It's beautiful. Enjoy.
  • Ven&Radio said:
    I love the top, but I really don't like how the skirt is just flat across the front.  To me, that does look kind of serious and plain.  The back is fabulous, though.
    I agree.
  • Wow, that dress is stunning. I love the back, the lace, everything. The skirt might be a little flat but it doesn't bother me. I think we all can have second thoughts and doubts but it is a beautiful dress. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards