Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Who to Invite to the Rehearsal Dinner

The one question we keep going back and forth on is who to invite to the rehearsal dinner. My fiance's parents are hosting it at their home and we are getting the dinner catered. We will be having 100 guests to our wedding and approximately 60 of which are from out of town. Some people are telling me that I should invite the out of town guests as well as the wedding party to the rehearsal, but I just think this seems like I will be hosting another mini wedding. With just the wedding party we will have 20 people. Thoughts? Please help

Re: Who to Invite to the Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    lmriemer said:
    The one question we keep going back and forth on is who to invite to the rehearsal dinner. My fiance's parents are hosting it at their home and we are getting the dinner catered. We will be having 100 guests to our wedding and approximately 60 of which are from out of town. Some people are telling me that I should invite the out of town guests as well as the wedding party to the rehearsal, but I just think this seems like I will be hosting another mini wedding. With just the wedding party we will have 20 people. Thoughts? Please help
    The only guests required at the RD are the people involved in the rehearsal and their SOs. Generally immediate family are also invited. OOT guests do not need to be invited. 

You're perfectly within etiquette to stick to inviting immediate family and WP+SOs. In your case, I don't think it makes sense to invite OOT guests - I agree with you, it'd be like a mini wedding and the 40 people who aren't included would feel left out anyway.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thank you so much for your feed back. I think you are right- I will stick to the wedding party and immediate family only!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards