Destination Weddings Discussions

Anyone considering/planning for the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana....happy to share my experience

We recently had our wedding at the Excellence Punta Cana and I just wanted to offer to share my experience and answer any questions you might have.  I appreciated the information others provided me with when I was planning so just want to pay it forward!

Re: Anyone considering/planning for the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana....happy to share my experience

• Me and my fiancé want to get married in Punta Cana we are thinking end of April but are considering May or June also. I'm just nervous about rainy season. Also if you are at an all inclusive hotel I'm wondering how it works because I want a rehearsal dinner and also reception dinner with Dj. I emailed a couple of hotels and a travel agent but if you have any suggestions it would be so helpful! Thank you!
  • First, Congratulations to you and your husband!

Second, Thank you! I have been searching for a bride to chat with that has gone through everything with this resort. :) After search what seemed like every country and every resort, this one is winner because of not only price to us, but mostly price and value to our guests. We're working with a travel agent and she is advising us to go to JP before we fly out, but I'm not really wanting to do that. She's making it seem like it's impossible to have a legal wedding here... I keep feeling like she's pushing us to Mexico- don't know why.

Any way.. did you do a legal ceremony and were there any issues if you did? Which wedding package did you pick? Pictures and video? Do you have a link to any so I can see them :) I appreciate any and all help.
  • So I'm about to bombard you with questions... :)
    How did you get from the airport to the resort? I saw that you can take a taxi for $70 each way but I wasn't sure if there was a cheaper option available.
    Did you do the Excellence Club? If you did, was it worth the extra money?
    Were you able to swim in the ocean? A lot of people are saying the ocean was too rough to swim in.
    Do you have to pay extra for room service? I feel like this is a stupid question, but I can't tell when they say "24 hour room service" if we still have to pay for the food or if it's included just like the restaurants.
    Were there a lot of people smoking in the open areas? I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and don't want that ruining my vacation.
    I think that's all my questions for now...any help would be super awesome. Thanks (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards