Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Color ideas

Needing some color help! I have no idea what to do with my venue's colors and how to work with them. The two banquet rooms (one for ceremony, one for reception) and green/red/cream and red/cream/white. Sorry the picture is small. Would bridesmaids in plum with accents of gold work or would the plum clash? I'm really bad with color...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Color ideas

• Options
    You don't need to coordinate your wedding colors with the chairs, carpet, or walls of a venue.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ditto Addie. 

I would completely ignore the colors that are already there. I went to a wedding last weekend and I can't even remember if the floor had carpet, tile or something else. No idea if there were curtains, no idea what the chairs looked like or whether they had covers. 

Do whatever you want with you color scheme. Plum and gold sounds really pretty. Here are a couple ideas to expand your color scheme:
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Oooh. The Autumn Elegance color palette is really beautiful! 
    And that would work perfectly in that room. Well done, SouthernBelle. 
    Do I get to vote? I vote link 2, Autumn Elegance.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    You don't need to coordinate your wedding colors with the chairs, carpet, or walls of a venue.
    I disagree completely. You pick colors because you want some type of cohesive feel to your wedding...so that should include the reception location. Personally, I think it looks terrible when people pick weddings colors (or overall theme) that don't go at all with the venue. If you want a country wedding, don't get married in a hotel ballroom. If you want a light, airy summer feel, don't get married in someplace gilded with gold and red velvet tapestries. 

Your venue looks nice, but I do think plum would clash. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards