Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Bridal Party Photo Question/Feedback

Hey Everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Just a question or could use your thoughts. We are planning on doing a first look. I know for myself it will calm my nerves and I just love first look photos. But my other thought is that I can also get bridal party photos done at this time soon. Do the first look then photos with the rest of the bridal party. Has any one else done something like this? I’d like to try and spend more time with our guests.

Thanks!

Re: Bridal Party Photo Question/Feedback

• We didn't have a bridal party, but we did the first look and then all our family shots before the wedding. We just planned to be there at 3 pm and asked family to be there at 4 pm so they weren't waiting around. You could easily do the same with your bridal party. It was wonderful to see my husband-to-be before the ceremony and to not miss any of our reception.
  • I did not have a bridal party either, but have been in ones that did the first look. I appreciated getting to go to the cocktail hour and being done sooner. When there wasn't a first look I still spent a hours before the wedding just sitting around with the bride - I'd rather be taking the photos so we can get tot he fun stuff ;)

You can do it one of two ways, have the bridal party with your he entire time or have them arrive after you have done the ones with just you and your FI. It really depends how long you want to spend taking B&G photos. 

We went to multiple locations and spent about 2.5 hours...I wouldn't have made a WP endure that amount of AWing by us. My family joined us for photos for an hour before the ceremony. It worked out great. We have large families so it was pretty similar to having a wedding party.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• A friend of mine was a BM for a couple that did first looks & then bridal party shots. Their wedding was a jazz club and they went straight into the reception after the ceremony since it was all in the same room. It worked out great because then they could eat right away & then dance the night away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards