New York-New York City

anyone know about the River View Cafe in LIC, Queens?

Someone on the boards pointed them out to me and the are quoting $65 pp for Dec 11. The views look amazing from pictures online. 

Seems too good to be true. Anyone have experience with them?

Re: anyone know about the River View Cafe in LIC, Queens?

• jj8277jj8277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a nice place but a bit small. How many people are you expecting?
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About 50 people.
  • MrsB092504MrsB092504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's amazing I had 3 parties there 1 in their private room and two in the main resturant the biggest one I had was my children's christing party we has 75 people.

The price was resonable and we did open bar.

I also took my wedding pictures right their by the park.

I hope it works out for you.

Jackie 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'm sending my sister over tonight to check it out. Not sure what I'll do for pictures since it's going to be so cold in Decemeber....
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister visited and liked the place but said there is no view from inside. Outside views are gorgeous but blocked by trees. since it will be December the leaves may be dead but the view was my main attraction to this place.

Apparently we would be seated in the main dining room because 50 is too many to have a dance floor in the private room. They said they wouldnt sit anyone right next to us and that people may walk out when they see us anyway..

The bar is in another room and the seating is booths so not sure how a wedding would go.

Any feedback? She's gonna send me pictures, and nothing's final but for now looks like I am back to the drawing board. I'm looking for less than $70 pp with bar, room for a dance floor, possibly views if in Queens. If not I'll go to Long Island.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards