Getting in Shape

Embarrassingly out of shape ...

I ordered a dress last week and I'm getting body-conscious. I haven't worked out in years (control my weight through diet), but I'm starting to think I should try to do some things for my core. I'm not interested in losing a lot of weight, just truly in getting in shape and getting healthier. I'm not interested at this point in springing for a gym membership. Is there someone who'd like to be an accountabilibuddy for someone like me? My fitness now is embarrassingly bad so I'd need to be with someone who wouldn't ... demean me for it right away.

Re: Embarrassingly out of shape ...

• Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I would! I'm used or working out regularly but with getting chemo I've been gaining weight as a side effect of the drugs which makes it hard to get motivated, especially on days when I'm tired. Is there a place near you that offers drop in Pilates classes? They are great for your core and have lots of modified positions for folks just starting out. Then you could see if you enjoyed it enough to do a monthly class card at some point. But really, anything you do, even just walking more, will give you results if you' haven't done anything in awhile. I'd be happy to have someone to exchange "I went for a long walk! Go me!" Messages :)
  • edited June 2014
    @aray82, I'd love to work out "with" you. A quick Google search doesn't seem to turn up any drop in Pilates classes in my area, but I can ask people if they know of any. I'll be in touch via PMs, and I hope your health is improving!
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Great, I'll look for your message. There's a routine I've gotten into once I figured out my recovery time between treatments and it'd be great to have an accountabili-buddy for that until I'm done (hopefully by mid-July if my pet scan is clean!!) and can do more work more often. There are of course YouTube clips and DVDs for Pilates and other things but I've found taking a few classes to get you started on moves you can do on your own is helpful.
  • I did a whole blog entry on this as I was really not in shape - I promise it's easy!! Ok, that's a lit - it's hard, but very rewarding :)

http://bridechiller.blogspot.co.uk/2014_06_01_archive.html

• Hey! I've been doing Focus T25. It's at home workouts, 25 min a day, 5 days a week. The program is 9 weeks long and the results are truly amazing. If you're looking for faster results but still healthy, I'd recommend 21 Day Fix. In just 21 days women are losing up to 15 pounds by exercising 30 min a day and eating right. It's not a gimmick. If you put in the effort, you will see results! Please email me if you want more info. I'd love to coach you through the process and find the right program for you. oakley.tessa@gmail.com
  • frap33frap33 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hi guys! I'm looking for an accountabili-buddy  too! Let me know if I can join your check-ins. Thanks! :-)
  • JasperandOpalJasperandOpal member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2014
    Two posts about isagenix and no other post, you seem like a vendor.  You aren't allowed to advertise your products on this site.  
    @KnotPorscha Vendor. 
  • That is really bad. But you shouldn't give up, try everything you can do to get back in shape. Check for articles like this http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2014/04/10-easy-steps-to-get-motivated-for-the-gym.html that will help you to get in shape.
    And if that doesn't work you can always get a tummy tuck or an abdominoplasty that will put you back in shape.
  • That is really bad. But you shouldn't give up, try everything you can do to get back in shape. Check for articles like this http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2014/04/10-easy-steps-to-get-motivated-for-the-gym.html that will help you to get in shape.
    And if that doesn't work you can always get a tummy tuck or an abdominoplasty that will put you back in shape.
    Wow. So freaking glad I'm not working out with you.
    Did you really just link a cosmetic surgeons website?  And are you being serious suggesting that OP get cosmetic surgery if working out doesn't work for her?  And I am also getting a whiff of a vendor as well.

• You guys! We've been doing it ALL WRONG! The answer isn't diet and exercise, clearly. It's surgery!

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • KeptInStitches  I'm in exactly the same boat.  I hadn't done much exercise since I dislocated by elbow in 2012.  Absolutely don't need to lose weight (I lost about 7 lbs last year due to a medical condition, and my doctor has threatened to force feed me if I lose any more) but I'd like to actually be fit again.  

I recently took up horseback riding again after four years.  It's an excellent work out, but much pricier than a gym membership, and not a sport for everyone.  I just happen to have extensive background in it as it was the only sport I didn't flat out suck at when I was a child.  Due to the cost, I can only put in one or two classes a week though.  I definitely need to get in to a better routine.

FI and I are arguing cost v. benefits of gym membership, particularly as he can attend a gym during his lunch breaks three days a week once he starts his new job next week.  I think it's a great idea for me if I can find one that does drop in yoga and Pilates classes, and have FI help me with the weights.  I've just always found it so boring to go to the gym alone, and I'm terrified that people in classes will notice how inflexible and uncoordinated I am.  I'm pretty sure I can be a big girl and such up going to classes alone, but there's zero chance of me spending more than about 10 minutes in a gym without someone to keep me company or a structured routine.
  • You can't advertise here @Knottie15566122.  vendor @KnotPorscha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards