• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Music

Processional Song w Crescendo for Bride Entrance

Hey guys! 

I am trying to find something different than the traditional Cannon in D to use for the processional. I have a smaller wedding party, and rather than having several songs picked out for everyone's entrance, I was looking for a song that has a nice crescendo later that I can use as my big entrance. Or, if you have ideas on some good songs that transition well, I am open for that too! 

Your input is greatly apprecaited! Thank you in advance! 

Re: Processional Song w Crescendo for Bride Entrance

• I'm honestly a big fan of the bride having her own song. It changes to give a climax of "Here she comes!!" Although I'm no help on songs cause I love Cannon in D

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Canon in D for my bridesmaid entrance. For my entrance I used Trumpet Voluntary. My church had a wonderful pipe organ and the organist made it sound beautiful. I would have loved to have a trumpet player or two to go along with it, but that wasn't in the budget.
  • donethatdonethat member
    Knottie Warrior 500 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    it is very hard to time your entrance to a song.  So, with that, the music should follow the action (DJ or person in charge of music start YOUR processional when YOU are in place)

The easiest way to do this is for your bridal party to have their own song, that can either be played in entirety or faded out, and then you have your own song.  Even with a small wedding party - it's worth it to take a moment, take it all in, and take your time.  Simply choose something that feels right and lovely to you

I'm a sucker for simple and elegant piano music ... here are a couple of contemporary ideas in that direction:

The Prayer Instrumental Piano by The O'Neill Brothers Group

Love Me by Yiruma

The Luckiest (piano cover by Benny Martin)

Here's a good website for ideas

• Thank you all so very much! 

I, too, am a sucker for piano music. I will definitely be checking out that site! 
  • My BP is entering to Canon in D, cause that has always been one of my favorite songs since I was a child (and the second song I learned to play on the piano) so I can't exlcude that. I think the mothers will also walk down to that song. I will be walking down to Piano Guys-  A thousand years.

I agree with PP, that moment to take it all in before your big entrance adds a nice touch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards