Wedding Invitations & Paper

diy pocketfold invitations

Need help on DIY pocket fold invitations. I'm lost at how to do them. I've picked out a verse for the invite that I like but where do I go from there? Do I order the supplies from cards and pockets? Where do I print them out? I looked at VistaPrint but it didn't make sense to me. FYI, I'm not crafty at all. We can't afford to pay for what I found on already made invites. What do I do?! Any help would be appreciated!

Re: diy pocketfold invitations

• If you aren't crafty, I would not do the pocket. Depending on how many guests you're inviting, it sounds like a headache. 

We DIY'd invites - got boxes of the template ones from Michael's and printed them at home. Materials included a printer, glue and wine. Easy peasy.
    *********************************************************************************

• I used cards and pockets for printing and for the pockets and envelopes. I used them because my mom designed my invites. She sent them a PDF of what she wanted and ordered a sample to make sure it turned out. We were really happy with everything we got there.

If you aren't crafty, it might be a good idea to check out wedding paper divas. They have beautiful peemade invites that just need assembly.
    Anniversary

• Thank you both for the info. Since I'm not crafty, I think I will order them!
  • If you order them, look for a Groupon for vista print and then go to retail me not for coupon codes
    *********************************************************************************

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Here is the website for Vistaprint.  http://www.vistaprint.com/gallery.aspx?pg=39&category_id=1631&xnav=IandAHub_ProductTiles_1_AM1_cta1

Sign up on their website and they will give you notices of their almost constant sales.  They have hundreds of beautiful designs!

You mentioned finding "a verse" that you like?  Some modern wordings can be rather confusing to guests.  I recommend sticking with traditional wording.  If you post your idea, we will be glad to try and help.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I am doing mine myself... They are a pocket fold too... It really isn't hard printing them out. You just need to know what size you need. I'm getting mine from paperandmore.com
  • Thanks for pointing me to paperandmore.com for pocket folds! I was considering making them myself but those seem really resonably priced! 
  • We just ordered ours today- from cardsandpockets.com! I found a wonderful designer who did a custom design of our whole wedding suite for only $40! We sent her design to Cardsandpockets - picked out the pockets, print options and envelopes and hit order! We got samples as well so we know they are going to be great!
  • I made my sisters wedding pocketfold invites. After looking at cost of making my own pockets, I realized that it costs almost the same to buy the pockets pre-made as it would to just buy the paper to make them. I bought the pockets from cardsandpockets.com. So, definitely purchase the pockets pre-made. Then the inserts are really just printing on paper and cutting it to fit. I used shimmer cardstock from Michaels for the inserts, because it was much cheaper than buying the paper online, especially using their common 40% or 50% coupons. We found free fonts online and downloaded one we liked. Then I just typed them up in Microsoft Word, printed them on my laser printer at work and cut them at home with a paper cutter. If you want to attempt to DIY the inserts, try just laying it out in MS word and print it on regular printer paper. If you have trouble with designing a layout how you want it, then consider having cardsandpockets, vistaprint, or elsewhere print the inserts for you. But, if you like your design and can work a printer (and preferably have access to a laser printer) & paper cutter, it may be worth doing it all yourself. Also, if cost is a concern, don't forget to consider the cost of postage on pockets invites. For my sisters, we got it down to about $1.50/invite to make, but it cost $0.91 each for stamps (over 1oz, plus too rigid for machine). So, postage was 1/3 of her total invite cost. She could have saved about $100 by doing a simpler invite that could use standard stamp. So, that's something to take into account.

• Also check out Etsy, they have tons of wedding invitations and most of the shop owners will work with you to customize on things you may or may not need. Also very versatile in whether they come in printed form, or a pdf form.

Our save the dates are from Etsy, a pdf file for 15-20 dollars then we took it to a local mom and pop copy shop that was recommended to us, and for 70 save the dates it only cost $25 dollars or so. The wedding invitations that are our favorite off of Etsy range from $15 dollars to the highest being $65 for the pdf file but they come with the invite, the rsvp card and a thank you card.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards