Texas-Austin
Options

Budget Photographer Suggestions?

I am getting married October next year and I really need to book a photographer soon.  The one we originally booked was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict on their end and now I am worried about find a decent photographer in our price range.  I'd really like to stay around $1500 for at least 6-8 hours of coverage and an engagement session.

Any help is appreciated!!
dscf4745-2
Anniversary

Re: Budget Photographer Suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Check with Blackerby Photography.  We used them for our wedding and were so pleased with the results and the best part was that it didn't cost and arm & leg!  Sean and Crystal are great too.  Tell them Brandie sent you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked with them, but they are out of our budget.  $2400 for eight hours of coverage plus another $425 for the engagment session we would want.  We are looking for something between $1500 and $2000.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry ... they were less expensive last year.  I guess they've raised their prices.  Maybe try:

J Thomas Duke Photography
    Dream Pixel Photography
    Belle Photography Studio
    2now1 Photography

Or if you're super brave you can find someone via craigslist that is just starting out or does weddings on the side ... I wasn't brave enough to go this route, but I think I've seen some posts where brides found great vendors via craigslist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations.  I am going to interview Ferrari Photography and I met with Cassie Rose Photography when we first started looking.  So, we'll see how that turns out.  I'll look into the ones you recommended as well.  Thanks again!

Oh, who did you use as a DJ?  I think hiring that vendor scares me more than the photographer! lol
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Airwave Dave - but I wouldn't necessarily recommend him.  Everything was fine up until our final meeting before the big day.  He showed up, had already been drinking, sits down orders another beer & dinner, and then doesn't even reach for the bill or ask how much his portion was or anything.  On the big day he got the majority of things right, but didn't play everything we'd requested and played some songs that definitely weren't on our list.

I've seen a ton of other brides who went with Joel from Greenbelt and loved him; although I don't know how his pricing compares.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I am sorry about your experience with that DJ.  All I can say is karma comes back around.  I contacted Greenbelt and he has already responded with all kinds of info and a quote.  He seems like he really has his stuff together so we may just have to splurge on him!  Thanks so much for the referal!!

BTW, where did you get married?  The site looks beatiful in the background.  I love your dress too :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    HighDot studios is great and VERY affordable!  I would try them.
  • Options
    Alex Labry is who we will be using.  http://www.alexlabry.com/
  • Options
    We ended up going with Ferrari Photography.  Thanks for all the suggestions though :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Thanks ystaalenburg! Our wedding was at the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs.  We had the ceremony outside in the courtyard, cocktail hour in the parlor area, and the reception in the ballroom.  It was perfect!  My dress was from Davids Bridal believe it or not!

• Options
    We almost booked at TFWC, but we felt it is way too big for the size of wedding we are going to have.  I love their ballroom!  We decided to go with Mansion at Judges Hill instead.  

Good find on the dress!  There's one dress I've seen on their website that I like, but it would be a reception dress and I'm not sure if I want to change out of my dress that I already have.  I have to put it back on and see if I can dance in it.  It's a mermaid style, so I'm a little nervous! :-/
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ystaalenburg-

How did you choose between Ferrari and Cassie Rose? I'm currently torn between them two and Lahra Bryant and i'm having a hard time picking between the three.

• Options
    alliashley - we ended up going with Ferrari because we got along with her the best.  Cassie Rose was really nice and her work was great, but we just got a better vibe from Elise with Ferrari.  She's been great so far and so willing to work with us on everything.  She responds quickly, which I didn't experience with Cassie Rose, and her pricing is amazing!  Good luck with you choice!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards