October 2014 Weddings
Options

Bridesmaids Gift?

I have only one thing so far for my girls-beach tote from the knot with their initials. Trying to figure out something else to get them besides the standard jewelry....thoughts? Or what are you doing for your girls?

Re: Bridesmaids Gift?

• Options
    I don't have bridesmaids but I'm giving my SIL a gift since she is throwing my shower and bachelorette party. She is a foodie and loves restaurants so I'm getting a gift card to a nice restaurant and then maybe some type of jewelry. I was going to do a spa certificate but my brother said she'd love the restaurant card more.
  • Options
    I have 1 in my bridal party and another girl helped me out with dress shopping. 

For my MOH - I was thinking about getting her a Disney Dooney & Bourke crossover bag
    For the girl that helped me - I was thinking about getting her a Disney Vera Bradley cosmetics bag

I had originally thought of going to the Coach outlet and picking them up a wristlet (the outlet had them for around $65 on sale).

Anniversary
  • Options
    How about putting something in each bag that's personal to your BMs? Like a gc to a favorite bookstore or coffee shop? Or maybe something fun from Etsy? My sister gave us Alex & Ani bracelets as part of her BM gift to us at her wedding last year. Everyone really liked them!

I got each of my BMs an individual gift and I'm adding gourmet chocolates and a note in each of their giftbags.

• Options
    I agree with @LaPeanut1018
    You have bridesmaids because those girls mean something to you - a close relative or good friend - treat them like the individuals they are.  Think about what you would buy them for Christmas or for a birthday. 

I got each of my bridesmaids a gift that is unique to their own taste and interests.  I'm not a fan of being a bridesmaid where we all get matching jewelry or something that we're supposed to wear to the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wound up getting all the ladies in my bridal party pashmina's to go with their dresses, because I knew it was something they would need for the day of and since the color is navy blue they could possibly use it in the future. Since I knew they may only use this for the wedding, I went to bed bath and beyond and created a gift set for each one based on their favorite scent in the store. Body sprays, lotions, stuff like that. This way they will get something I know they will use and love.
  • Options
    Like a PP said, I shopped like it was their birthday. I got my MOH a wrap scrap bag (a babywearing thing that she'd never spend the money on herself), a picture frame, and I'm getting her a bottle of her favorite wine. My BM I got this coat hanger made out of horseshoes and I'm getting her a bottle of her favorite moonshine.
  • Options
    I'm not finished yet, but so far I've gotten them bracelets and make-up bags.  The make-up bags are all the same (generic colors but with a monogram), but the bracelets are just a little different for each.

For the bridesmaids that are friends, I got them each a Kate Spade idiom bangle that has little inscriptions like "best friends" and "partners in crime" but I got them each in the metal type they wear most (silver vs. gold).  Three BMs are FH's sisters, so it seemed weird to get them "best friend" bracelets, so I got them each an Alex and Ani bracelet with their birthstone in their preferred metal.

I want to pick out a few personalized cosmetic items to put in their make-up bags and I also may order personalized tumblers if I get around to it, but that would just be a little something extra.

I don't believe that gifting bridesmaids shit to wear in your wedding is actually a gift for them, so I'm not doing that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I put together individual Pandora bracelets for my girls. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I bought my girls standard pearl earrings and necklaces but also individual items that suit them. I got one girl a Michael Kors wallet, one a Jim Shore figurine, another a wine of the month gift card, and the last a personalized snow globe. I'm also giving them each a MAC lipstick, and I'm paying for their makeup.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    I bought my bridesmaids matching jewelry for the wedding- this is not their present.

I'm looking on etsy a lot- thinking a pretty lace clutch for everyone and a necklace or bracelet that is more personalized
  • Options
    Just like @Belle2188‌ I'm also getting idiom bangles. I don't have any bridesmaids so I'm just getting them for me and the moms. I know that they'll enjoy the jewelry and will love the idea of us all having similar things.
  • Options
    Besides buying jewelry for the wedding for each bridesmaid, I bought everyone a Scentsy candle warmer and wax block - I picked out a different color/style/scent for everyone. 
  • Options
    My wedding has a lot of Jane Austen elements in it...(and Godzilla...it's true). I'm giving my girls each a nice hardbound, cloth covered book by Jane Austen. I've been eyeying some cute necklaces on Etsy...not sure if the books are enough. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So far I have gotten my girls a couple of things...little makeup bags from VS with a couple of lil' lip glosses in them and then I got them hangers for their dresses... am working on getting a gift that is individual to the both of them and possibly there jewelry (most likely a necklace). Wanted to get them tumblers with their names on them or possibly a bag or something...there are so many things I would love to buy them to show them how much I truly appreciate them being there for me on my special day!!
  • Options
    I am still planning on getting each of them gift cards for their favorite restaurants, but I've got a bunch of things put together for them so far. I have 2 MOH so their gifts are slightly different from the other 4. I made all of the hair clips. The center picture is what I'm giving to my 2 flower girls. I made the bracelets, broaches, (there are 2 of them) and hair clips.
  • Options
    i ordered us all robes from etsy so far to wear around while getting hair and makeup down. i'm going to do some more personal things as well like a picture of us with my favorite memory of us together.
  • Options
    One of my favorite things to do is get gifts for people I care most about. So this whole bridesmaid gift thing has been so much fun for me! I decided to get each bridesmaid a pretty robe to wear the day of, a cute necklace, a pashmina in case its a chilly fall day, a jewelry box and probably something that is more personal like a picture of us or something specific to her. Yay so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards