Florida-South Florida

Steve & Michelle Lawson Photography

Hello all -

I just wanted to know about MICHELLE & STEVE LAWSON photography.  We think we are going with them; however, when I just looked up the reviews - there were TWO.... one -  five star.... one - one star... with completely conflicting information.

When I spoke to Steve he sounded as if it is EXACTLY what we wanted.  Does anyone have ANY personal experience with him???

I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Thanks in advance.

Eva & Jon

Re: Steve & Michelle Lawson Photography

• LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE .... i cant say anything else about him ... Steve is ABSOLUTELY amazing and will cater to ANYTHING that you need ... we just had our engagement shoot last week and it was amazing ... the sneak peek of pics that he took from his iphone are AMAZING ... i cant imagine what the pics from his camera are gonna look like ..... and also they are very reasonable with pricing ... 

any questions let me know .... i love steve lawson and his work ... absolutely amazing!
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • We met with them and really liked Steve. He was our second choice and we met with him based on a friends recommendation, although she hadn't had her wedding yet. We ended up going with Travis Harris and are INCREDIBLY grateful that we did. My friend had an AWFUL experience with her wedding photos. She hated almost all of them and they were so bad that Steve even agreed to re-shoot photos for her. So, about 2 months after her wedding, she and her husband got dressed up in a tux and her wedding dress for them to re-take photos... But, she still has no nice family pictures or pictures with her bridal party.

I think what happens is that they farm out the work. Steve is the salesman and he's awesome, but they have a BUNCH of photographers. For my friend, neither Steve or Michelle took the pictures at her wedding. Some other photographer did, and she didn't find out about that until just a few days before her wedding.

If you decide to go with Lawson, I would request something put in the contract guaranteeing that Steve will be shooting your wedding. If not, you really don't know what you're going to get.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Phi -that makes me nervous I really liked what I saw online with them my friend is using them for her upcoming wedding I'm going see what she says If I can hold off that long!
  • Phi -  

That makes me very nervous also.

I am going to begin calling more photographers.
    Oh - the fun begins.

Thanks for being open & honest!
    Eva
  • I had no problem with it ... Steve is the first person to get booked ... If you just tell him u request him he will let you know if he is available on ur date ... He originally wasn't available for our date then called us back a week later to tell Us he worked out his schedule and he will be available himself for our wedding ...
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • sf0822sf0822 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    They are great. I adore their pictures. My sister in law knows them personally and they are great people. They were my first choice but it was out of my budget.
  • I don't know much about them but they have done the majority of the photography at my venue (Lauderdale Yacht Club) and it looks amazing!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Steve is our photographer- he does amazing work and is super easy to work with (he specifically is on our contract- so you should ask if he is available). If you go on his client gallery you can see ALL of the photos they shoot for those who didn't prefer to have their photos private (including his other photogrophers). Because photography was incredibily important to me, I seriously looked through the over 1.5-2K photos he shoots for many weddings, nearly every single was was awesome and FULLY EDITED (crazy time suck, but worth it for me). This is a big deal b/c some photographers will just color balance or take red eye out- so its important to ask what they mean when they say edited photos. He also took the most photos of any photographer I looked at and gives full rights to you as owner of photos, which other photogs are also variable about. I am very sad to hear someone had a bad experience. IMO- his photos (and that of his team) happend to be the most consistent in quality- but look at his online gallery and those of other photogs and decide for yourself.  I know many on this board also love Stacey Poireir. I liked her work also, but wanted more of the photojournalism feel Steve provided. Sorry for the book- since its a hobby of mine choosing a photographer was a major deal to me. 
  • Steve shot our wedding two weeks ago and we already have our photos back. They are amazing. I found him to be exactly what he claimed to be and I'm really glad I disregarded that one bad review floating around. On yelp, there are actually 29 other reviews filtered out so we can't see them that probably counter that bad one.
  • If there are any brides out there looking for a photographer, choosing someone other than Steve from Michelle Lawson Photography would just be plain silly! My hubby got married a week ago and I wanted someone who was fun, creative, laid back, flexible, well priced, and most of all, professional. From our engagement session to our wedding day, Steve always brought tons of energy and awesome vibes! After everything is over, we were so very thankful to have stumbled upon Steve during a Battle of the Brides Competition. His work is clean and crisp, and his attention to light and detail is amazing! Steve, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you did for us. Thank you for preserving our special day with pictures I can not wait to see, for being on time to all of our events, and most importantly, thank you for groovin with us at the reception. =) We will definitely be calling you up for future events and recommending you to all of our engaged, or soon to be engaged friends! *big hug
  • We would absolutely recommend Michelle Lawson Photography. Our wedding renewal photos are stunning, and we are more than pleased. Steve is easy to work with and guided us through the shots for the perfect outcome :) 
  • YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Steve is awesome!  He shot my daughter's wedding in March as well as their engagement session and all the photos are beautiful. He was unintrusive also which is really important for a church ceremony and he captured unforgettable moments at their reception. My daughter was extremely pleased.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards