Chit Chat

can you see who has viewed you wedding page?

is there anyway to see the family members that have viewed your website?

Re: can you see who has viewed you wedding page?

• edited August 2014
    No. Short of those who have signed the guest book, there's no way of personally identifying any anonymous visitor to your website. 

• No, and that would be creepy if you could.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • lol I just was interested to see which of my family members actually looked at the hard work I did to make it!! it cant be creepy if its who you invited and its all family! now if I didn't know you and was looking that's creepy. lol
  • Well in order for YOU to be able to see it, with any sort of basic web analytics capabilities that TK would allow (which they don't), think how much any other company could tell about you with the advanced analytics we use? I do this for a living and I promise you that we can't tell the names of people randomly browsing a website, unless they log in and provided a real name when they registered.

Now, if TK would allow something like Google Analytics, you could at least tell the state of visitors to your page. But they don't. All you get is a view counter, which vastly overcounts.

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    The knot let's you see how many times its been viewed, but not WHO.

ETA: Lolo totalllyy said that above me. My bad.

image   image   image

• thank you guys! I know it may seemed like a dumb question to some.. but to me no question is dumb.. that's how you learn. so thank u for your help!
  • Angela320 said:
    thank you guys! I know it may seemed like a dumb question to some.. but to me no question is dumb.. that's how you learn. so thank u for your help!
    Nope not a dumb question. A lot of paranoid people are completely sure that we can tell those things about you all the time, and just assume that without asking. ;)

• I definitely wanted to know and was disappointed when I learned I couldn't use Google Analytics.

I knew that their estimate of 1000 hits to our website was completely off so I was curious as to what was right. I also wanted to see if any of the out of town guests saw the hotel information as no on was booking rooms.

Analytics can be fun (though, as @lolo883 reminds me, it's less fun if it's your job)!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I definitely wanted to know and was disappointed when I learned I couldn't use Google Analytics.

I knew that their estimate of 1000 hits to our website was completely off so I was curious as to what was right. I also wanted to see if any of the out of town guests saw the hotel information as no on was booking rooms.

Analytics can be fun (though, as @lolo883 reminds me, it's less fun if it's your job)!
    I think it counts every time you preview during editing as a view. And I think it's counting page views rather than visits. Come on people, dedupe!

• I don't think websites in general allows you to see WHO viewed your website, but rather how MANY views you're getting. That's the only thing I can see on mine anyway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards