Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Destination Wedding-Carribean

My boyfriend and I am are planning on eloping next year.

We are looking at a destination wedding in the carribean. Does anybody have any experience with this?

We are open to all destinations. So far I have looked at sandals, couples, breezes and the altantis.

Some of them offer great wedding packages, but then staying there is a little pricey.

Does anybody have any ideas of good resorts and wedding packages?

Re: Destination Wedding-Carribean

• Options
    The term eloping is often misused on these boards. Are you truly eloping and not telling anyone, telling people but not having any guests (private destination wedding) or are you planning on having a small number of guests present (an intimate destination wedding)? That will obviously play into wedding package costs.

I'd check out Secrets Resorts, Dreams Resorts, Now Resorts, AZUL Resorts, El Dorado Resorts, or Riu Resorts. Some are adults only, some are not, so that is also important if you are planning on having any guests. 

• Options

Thats right i forgot that term has changed meaning, we are truly eloping in the old fashoioned sense.

He doesnt have much family, and so I wanted to do a destination wedding and invite very few people, so that my family wouldnt freak out if they werent invited. Also i wanted to make it more fun. Well the thought of doing just that seems overwhelming, and I dont want hear the talk fom anyone about why we are eloping.

so its just going to be us 2.

• Options
    I eloped in the traditional sense as well :)

Hopefully some of the options I provided will have a package that works for you! When you do not have guests, you can usually cut down on extra expenses that add up quickly. In our case, we didn't require any extra decor, music, flowers, etc, so the most basic wedding package worked.

• Options
    I know that Dreams resorts will do a free ceremony if you book one of their honeymoon suites for a week!   It includes cake and champagne and I believe your flowers... I have heard they're flexible about swapping things out too, like the free package includes 10 guests, maybe if you don't have any guests you can work out a private dinner on the beach or something?!  

• Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014

Palace Resorts has some beautiful resorts. If you want something a little more lux, I'd also check out Rosewood Mayakoba.

Here are some great suggestions: USAtoday Travel

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Fiance and I are having a destination wedding at Sandals Grande Riviera on May 15th 2015. We will also be getting married just the two of us, but we will be having a small "celebration of our marriage" upon our return. We found it to be very affordable except for photography. We are saying seven nights in a butler suite for $4000, and our wedding is included. Our flights are costing us about $1000. I added about $350 to my wedding package and am paying $1800 for photography and video-graphy. I have enjoyed the availability of information that Sandals provides.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Cayman Islands is a beautiful place and since it is going to be the two of you only it would not be terribly expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards