New Jersey
Options

Seasons or Westmount Country Club?

MissADS1981MissADS1981 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2014 in New Jersey
We are right now debating on NOT using our original wedding venue of which we have put a deposit (it really stinks but we dont feel the place we chose is going to work for us). 

The worst part is now our date is not available at the other 2 venues we think we want to switch to.

Anyone have a preference for Seasons or WCC? Experience at either would be great!

Our wedding is around 200 guests and right now we want a saturday but will take a friday due to our change of venue.
We also have about 11 month until our original date

Re: Seasons or Westmount Country Club?

• Options
    kap05kap05 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    We had our wedding at Seasons and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. Everything was perfect. People have not stopped talking about the food and service! They really take care of you and make sure your day is flawless!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WCC hands down, you just can't beat the service & beauty of the venue.
  • Options
    I'm getting married at seasons in April 2015. Very happy with everything so far. Heard nothing but wonderful things from previous wedding guests
  • Options
    MsVeronicaGMsVeronicaG member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I've been to weddings at both places. I personally prefer Seasons (I booked there!), especially if you can book the first floor. The food is fantastic and there are so many ways to get there, it should be easy for all guests. They are also cheaper per head than WCC and they don't lock you into using their florist. The downside is that the outside area is small and pretty much next to the parking lot. The service is great, there is a hostess to direct guests to the right hall and the servers are attentive. They do have more than one wedding at a time but they are very serious about not having the bride and groom run into the other wedding party.

WCC has a more grandiose, secluded atmosphere. My brother had his wedding there.The grounds are beautiful and the cocktail hour room is very regal. The bridal suite is spacious, modern and can easily accommodate a big wedding party. Meanwhile, the bridal suite area at Seasons is just a tiny room with a bathroom. The reception area has beautiful views as well. I felt the cocktail hour food was mediocre but the dinner was good. The service was all right, I witnessed some mishandling in the food area of the cocktail hour (using the same tongs for raw and cooked food) and the valet service locked a guest's keys in their car. 

Each venue has its pros and cons but I honestly think you will have a beautiful wedding at either venue. Good luck! Let us know where you end up booking!
  • Options
    I heard Seasons is a great venue! I been to a wedding reception at WCC and it was absolutely breath taking! WCC was the best wedding reception I have ever attended! The views are amazing and its just absolutely gorgeous and the services were great! 
  • Options
    I booked Seasons for my September wedding and have heard nothing but great things! Good luck :)
  • Options
    WCC makes you use only their vendors.  That was a turn off for me.
  • Options
    ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    WCC makes you use one of three vendors for florists, one of which works in house. The rest of the vendors are up to you
  • Options
    I thought that they had a couple of vendors in each category that you could pick from but couldn't use outside vendors.  Did I misunderstand?
  • Options
    I was at WCC this Sat 8/2 and the florist is the only category where you have to pick 1 of theirs. I'm also between Seasons & WCC. I've been to events at both. Food is excellent at both. WCC has more points for the outdoors & feels more spacious. Seasons is more intimate and convenient. Service is always outstanding. Let me know what you decide.
  • Options
    i haven't been to WCC but recently attended a wedding at Seasons. It was a Friday evening with the ceremony outside starting at 530pm and we heard all of the rush hour traffic including buses and trucks changing gears. They turned the fountains off, understandably so we can hear the actual ceremony, but when they were on they did a great job of drowning out the noise. I actually wasn't a fan of the food although there were a lot of options, none of them were spectacular and I actually got sick when I got home. A few people with me weren't crazy about the cocktail hour either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards