Chit Chat
Options

H forgot my birthday

Well not so much forgot as glossed over. It was yesterday. I got a post on my FB wall. But no face to face acknowledgment, no card, no flowers. We agreed to only do little gifts this year because we're going to Ireland in December. When asked I told him I didn't want a gift, but I'd really love flowers. He promised me flowers. No flowers. Plus he ate all the homemade eggrolls we made on Monday. We had made about 2 dozen and I only ate two on Monday. Hadn't had any since. Came home after an 11 hour workday yesterday and they were all gone. He had eaten them all and never asked me if I wanted any more.

I'm a bit pissed. I've had an incredibly stressful week, and now this.

Re: H forgot my birthday

• Options
    Aw, I'm so sorry.  I'm side-eying him on your behalf.  That sucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I'd be pissed too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    I'm sorry. You should tell him how you feel.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your rough week.  Happy belated birthday!  

I have made things and FI has polished it off without asking if it was up for grabs, especially pasta.  Give him a stern talking-to!

• Options

That sucks. I'm sorry. Happy Belated Birthday. Here's a hug and cute minions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm pissed on your behalf.

Here are some virtual flowers.  I hope that helps!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday fellow Leo.

My birthday was Monday. 

Did your husband not acknowledge it at all? A happy birthday card or anything? That sucks. What a derp.

• Options
    We've instituted a 50/50 rule for treats for this very reason. But FI knows that if he makes a cute/sad face that I'll give him some of mine. Damn him.

• Options
    The fuuuuuuuck???????
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I'd be really upset he didn't acknowledge it in person. The other stuff is one thing, but you can't manage to say, "Happy Birthday" as you walk in? 
  • Options
    Ugh I'd be pissed too. Leo hugs! (Mine was Sunday)

• Options
    Well he walked in from work a few minutes ago, and we discussed it. He did have a gift for me, but the store sent the wrong item and he couldn't get the right one until today. He didn't just tell me that because he's an idiot (his words). To be fair, the past two days we have pretty much only seen each other in passing. But still he could have said happy birthday. And he apologized about the eggrolls. He said he wasn't thinking and will make me more this weekend to make it up to me and he won't eat any of them.

He's not normally thoughtless, and he's usually great at birthdays and stuff, so I'll just chalk it up to a lapse in brain function. It probably wouldn't have upset me nearly so much if it hadn't been a shitty week already.
  • Options
    Aww that really sucks. I don't want to judge your DH on one fuck- up... but man. That sucks.
    imageimage">
  • Options
    Well first of all:

Secondly, I'm sorry. That's pretty crummy for him not to do ANYTHING special. It doesn't have to be a huge party or gift, but to barely acknowledge it and fail to make you feel special is sucky. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday!

That stinks. Insist on the weekend egg rolls- and hopefully he went above and beyond on the present!
  • Options
    I think it is fair to say in a calm and neutral tone "H, in all honesty, I was really hurt that you glossed over my birthday. I know I said no gifts, but I really expect more than a fb post. A card and some small flowers would have really made my day. I don't want to make this a big thing, but I just thought you should know". You don't want to make him defensive, but I think it is ok to let him know your expectations.

Then slide him a Chinese takeaway menu with egg rolls circled, the phone, and his credit card haha

Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday!

And dammit, now I want homemade egg rolls, but don't want to go to any store this weekend because of tax free weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards