Wedding Party
Options

Was anyone else nervous to ask friends to be bridesmaids?

I feel like I'm kind of procrastinating on asking the future-bridesmaids to be in my wedding.  Not because I don't think that they'll be fabulous, but maybe I feel a little insecure about how close we are.  They're all great ladies that I have fun with when we're together, but I guess I'm not the best at maintaining friendships when I don't run into someone on a daily basis through work, school, etc.  I've already asked my MOH and she was thrilled, shed a happy tear, and has been super supportive of the wedding planning so far.  Why am I so chicken to ask the other girls?  Did anyone else go through this anxiety?  Thanks for any moral support!

Re: Was anyone else nervous to ask friends to be bridesmaids?

• Options
    So sorry that you never got a response! Even after 3-ish years! Tsk, tsk!

Honestly, I'm going through this right now. I don't make friends quickly, as I really only have the most trusted of individuals in my circles. I've been engaged for 6 weeks and have yet to ask the 3 people I most want to be in it, mostly because I'm insecure about our relationships... Like I said before, a small, small circle but I don't know if they'd consider me as a close friend. If that makes sense? Ugh. If only I had sisters, then it wouldn't matter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards