Chit Chat
Options

winning marykay from davids bridal? *with update*

BlackLace2015BlackLace2015 member
Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
edited August 2014 in Chit Chat

has anyone else received an email from a marykay rep saying they won a prize through davids bridal? is this legit and worth my time? I think I signed up on the db website but I've never actually been there. Kind of confused

*update* apparently I have won "a hand and lip softening treatment" and a facial for me and my bridal party, as well as $20 worth of free product of my choosing. I have not even finalized my bridal party. I replied (because after all she is a person too and I figured she deserves the respect) by saying "thank you I'm not interested at this time". She said she will check in with me in September. Ug.

Re: winning marykay from davids bridal? *with update*

• Options
    I've never have heard of that myself. If you're really curious you could contact DB, I guess. My only experience with marykay was super aggressive marketing so I'm kinda leery of the company.
  • Options
    I fb stalked the name from the email and it seemed like a legit profile that said she was a marykay rep. hm.
  • Options
    She is going to sell you MaryKay products and want you to pay them to do your wedding makeup.  It's legit, but won't be free.  DB sells you info, so you may be expecting other types of calls as well.
  • Options

Gross. I emailed back and asked for details so I will let you know what she says.

• Options

I actually got an e-mail about this too. It said I won a free bridal pampering session. I looked into it and it was legit. A Mary Kay came over and did this whole skin care routine for me and some friends and we got to try product and socialize. My rep was really nice and not pushy. You aren't required to buy anything at the end, though all of us did end up buying something.

But it is legit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I've heard that they do this often and that it is a scam. =/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I've heard that they do this often and that it is a scam. =/
    :-/ Mine wasn't - though it's possible that some people have copied it and made a scam. I would recommend going on Mary Kay's website and searching for whatever MK consultant says they sent you the e-mail. If they are fake, they shouldn't pop up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I had a Mary Kay woman call AND text me for three months because I "won" something from her that she swore I signed up for, but couldn't tell me when.  I didn't know if it was from David's Bridal or the one super small bridal show I went to at my venue.  The woman was super pushy, and wouldn't take no for an answer.  I finally had to basically tell her to leave me the F alone because she continued to call and text after I told her I wasn't interested.  I hope it works out for you and you get someone who isn't as pushy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ignore all the soliciting calls from DB's partners.
  • Options
    I got one of these calls before my wedding. The lady was super pushy even after I told her Mary Kay breaks my skin out and tests on animals so I won't use them. Kept calling and texting to try to get me to set up a consult. I had to threaten a harrassment lawsuit before she left me alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards