Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Should I change to an updo?

Hi all, I had my hair trial and showed the hair dresser pics of my dress. It is strapless. She did a very simple style, half of it is just pinned back. I really like how it came out but I can't help thinking its very simple. I will prob. have a veil too, I am not sure how that will look with it. What do you guys think? I know a concern is how the curl will hold, mine does hold a curl really well and the wedding is in late October so there shouldn't be a lot of humidity.

Re: Should I change to an updo?

• You could get a sparkly clip/barette kind of thing if you wanted to jazz it up? I think it looks great and the curl itself adds a nice level of detail without necessarily needing an accessory.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I think it's beautiful, and elegant. It's different from the traditional updo style too. If you want to add some bling for when you take your veil off get some bobby pins that have some bling on them that your stylist can put on the twists. But honestly, I think you look beautiful just like that.
  • manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    I agree - it's incredibly elegant in its simplicity. You have gorgeous hair.

I wore a similar style; I didn't want an updo because I just hate my face with updos. I grabbed myself a sparkly comb with pearls, but wasn't sure what to do with it. The stylist tucked it into the side and that's where it hung out.  I wore a raw edge cathedral drop veil for the ceremony as well.

• That is a beautiful hairstyle! You could always have a second trial (with an updo) just to be sure. But I love the hairstyle you posted!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I agree with all the other PPs. Beautiful!!! I love it. If that's how your comfortable and that's how you feel beautiful, don't switch to an up-do. You gotta do your own thing.
  • *you're, not your. Wow. Sorry!
  • Thanks all! I think some bling in there is a good idea

• Beautiful!!
  • Oh, your hair is beautiful! I think this style is so elegant on you. IMO, I think a big sparkly thing would overpower it a bit too much - maybe get some bobby pins with the pearls attached to the end? Pearls or crystals, maybe? That way, they'd be sprinkled throughout your hair, rather than just a big clip stuck there. Do whatever you'd like, just my 2 cents!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards