Minnesota

Inexpensive wedding and reception sites.

Son is looking to marry next spring, summer or fall 2015.  The brides family doesn't live in Minnesota nor will they be contributing any or little to nothing towards the wedding.  So we are trying to find cheap venues near Lakeville, Farmington, Apple Valley.  We can't imagine the guests will be more than 60 - 75 people tops.

Even our home church chapel is to be for this small ceremony.  Not sure what to do.  If it wasn't for the weather could almost do backyard.  But that adds up with tent, table and chair rentals.

Looking for help is anyone has ideas.

Re: Inexpensive wedding and reception sites.

• I would post this to the Minnesota - Minneapolis & St. Paul board.  They have lots of ideas for budget sites.
  • I agree - post this to the MSP board...

That said, what do you consider cheap?  The thing is, being budget friendly and cheap are two different things.  Nickels and dimes can add up in a hurry the more you try to DIY instead of being flexible with vendors.  There are plenty of ways to keep things on a budget (Sam's Club actually does wedding flowers, but if you call a florist with your budget, list of needs, and color scheme, you would be amazed at what they will do when you say "be creative!"), and when it comes to the reception hall, your idea of your church is GREAT!  Even if it's big then if you suddenly have 40 of the bride's side show up you've got the room. 

Check out some of the area apple orchards as many host weddings in the off-season.  Afton Apple and Pine Tree Apple Orchard come to mind (expanding you search area)...  The area ski hills, many golf courses.  Heck, the KC/VFW/Lions/etc. Halls down in your area.  Chances are the further south/out of the metro you go the more budget friendly options you'll find...

• This is about half hour away, but it might be a good compromise. I'm coming from out of town to get married in St. Paul in October. The bridal party and out of town friends are staying at a beautiful fully renovated mansion. They have had wedding/wedding receptions there before. I wanted mine to be there, but my party was over the limit of 75 guests. We will be having our rehearsal dinner there. Contact Scott Kramer. He's a very very nice guy and I am really looking forward to waking up the morning of my wedding in one of these exquisite rooms!!! http://dearingmansion.com/Dearing_Mansion.html If not, look into air bnb or home away sites - there might be a home you can rent for your smallish wedding closer to lakeville. Hope this helps!
  • Cenntenial lakes in Edina! Its so beautiful! holds 125 people and is about 1,500 for ceremony and reception. Ceremony is outside
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards