Honeymoon Discussions
Options

All inclusive in June that isn't in it's rainy season

We are getting married in June of 2015 and want to do an all inclusive resort. The ones that I found and liked won't work  because it seems June is the start of their rainy season. Does anyone have a suggestion for a honeymoon in June?

We looked at cruises originally but it seems June is an expensive time for that too. Flights to get to the cruise was also crazy. We figured it would cost the same for an inclusive and liked the idea of an adult or couples only resort.

Thanks for any help!

Re: All inclusive in June that isn't in it's rainy season

• Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    @MrsMcCaw

I would go into a travel agency and ask them. You do NOT necessarilly have to book through them but they can give you a lot of ideas as to where you could go.
  • Options

@hlvonb

Thank you!  That's a good idea and I think we'll end up doing that. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    What destination are you considering?  I ask because "rainy season" in some locations is much different than in others. 
  • Options
    @kaos16‌
    We were thinking the carribean. St Lucia was interesting because there were three interchangeable resorts but it said best time to go was up until May.
  • Options
    Aruba has a desert climate.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    There is a difference by island in the Caribbean and there is a difference between "rainy" season and "hurricane" season. I agree that talking to a travel agent will help, but it's also somewhat rude to contact a professional and ask them a million questions and then not use their services. Agents only get paid by the resorts AFTER a client has traveled (not booked).

• Options
    Just to throw this out there, we honeymooned in St. Lucia in June and had one day of our six where it rained for several hrs.

We've also been to Jamaica in June (no rain) and Key West three times in June (third time it rained the whole week but the previous two not a drop fell).

Go where you want to go, if it rains, make the best of it.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. I was picturing a whole vacation of rain lol. If I do go to a travel agent I would book through them. I would not want to waste someone's time. Aruba is one of our choices.
    @monkeygirl18‌ What resort did you stay at in St. Lucia?
  • Options
    MrsMcCaw said:

@monkeygirl18‌ What resort did you stay at in St. Lucia?

We stayed at Sandals Grande St. Lucian. We loved it so much so that we went back in 2012. Right now that one and Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica (we were just there in March and going back next year) are tied for our favorite Sandals resorts (we've also been to Sandals Negril and Sandals grande Antigua).

• Options
    We just went to Punta Cana end of June and the weather was absolutely perfect! We were there for 6 days and it didn't rain once. There was one day where it was cloudy for about an hour but then the sun came out and it went back to being beautiful
  • Options
    St Lucia is not recommended in June then? That is when my honeymoon will be and I was interested in that location :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We hm'd at Sandals Grande St. Lucian in June of '08. Only one day of our 7 day 6 night HM did we have rain. It rained for an hr or so and that was it. I would just make sure to get cancel for any reason trip insurance.
  • Options

We hm'd at Sandals Grande St. Lucian in June of '08. Only one day of our 7 day 6 night HM did we have rain. It rained for an hr or so and that was it. I would just make sure to get cancel for any reason trip insurance.

• Options
    thank you monkeygirl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards