October 2014 Weddings
Options

Literal Wedding Nightmare

So I recently found out that the current owners of our venue are selling it. I immediately called up and they did not deny it. They explained that I should not worry about anything as the new owners have to honor our contract as is, but there were no guarantees that the new owners wouldn't just up and close the venue OR that they wouldn't want to renovate the entire building. I've been looking online to see what has happened to others in similar situations, and the majority of the time everything goes off without a hitch. I'm still really fretting over this. We've had our venue booked for nearly two years, why now with only two months to go does everything have to be a little uncertain?

Its weird- I'm not even really fretting that I would have to potentially  move our venue, I'm fretting that the current owner couldn't guarantee me of what would or wouldn't happen. I hate not knowing. Like if I have to re-do everything please just cut to the chase and let me move on. Ugh. Is anyone else going through something similar or can shed some light? Maybe I'm over analyzing everything. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Re: Literal Wedding Nightmare

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it! I mean obviously you can't help but worry a little bit, but I would trust what the previous owner told you.
  • Options
    Venues change hands all the time. The one I booked also changed hands right before I booked it and nothing bad has happened. If anything, it was good because the new owners are more organized than the old owners. 
    If it was sold, it's probably because the owners couldn't handle it- so it's probably a good thing that there is a new owner now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I hope everything goes well with their transition and it doesn't affect your day.  I know I would have it in the back of my mind, too, wondering if they would change things. 
  • Options
    Hopefully with it being 2 months away the new owners will just allow all things booked in the near future to proceed as planned.  Do you know if the sale will be finalized by your wedding date or has it already been finalized?  Is there a new number you can call to ask for more information?

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advice! I think you're all right in saying that it will probably end up being a good thing. Still it was slightly nerve-wracking. Thank you for indulging my worries!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards