Wedding Party
Options

Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience

Okay, I just wanted to share.  I already know that I'm not in the wrong here but I want someone to outwardly agree with me.

I went to a wedding last night.  Being as it was a Sunday wedding at 6:00 p.m. I planned on leaving early because I couldn't take today off of work. I live an hour from the reception site.  DH couldn't attend so I went by myself.

So, I attended the ceremony, cocktails, ate dinner, watched the cake cutting and dances, had a piece of cake, congrats all around, danced one dance, and then cut out at about 10.  As I was leaving (after having said congrats and goodbye to both bride and groom) the bride practically runs me down on my way out the door and demands to know why I am leaving so early.  She is screaming at me and, at this point, everyone at the reception is staring.

I told her I was very sorry I couldn't stay longer but I had an hour drive home and needed to get up for work early today.

She's still really upset with me for leaving 2 hours before the end of the reception and called me this morning to tell me so.  I'm pissed that she's a bratty, judgy-judgy bride.  What did she expect having a Sunday night wedding.  Honestly, not everyone will be able to take off of work and party it up with you on a Sunday night.  I totally support the right to get married on whatever day and time you please as long as you don't expect every guest to be able to accomodate you 100%.

Just wanted to share how much she sucks.

Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience

• Options
    That is kind of sucky. I mean, you stuck around long enough to take part in the celebration and wished them well. It's not like you ran to the door in the middle of the ceremony and gave the couple a big middle finger on your way out.

That seems uber-ridiculous. That girl needs to take a chill pill.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ewwww.
    Was this a friend, friend of a friend, relative...?  I'd like to judge her more with you based on the details.  Currently, I deem her to be rotten.  We can upgrade her to smelly AND rotten if she's dear to you. 
  • Options
    Does that mean I should yell at our friend who is driving an hour in order to see our ceremony then leaving to attend a family wedding 3 hours away?

That really sucks.  Especially considering they'd already cut the cake, which I thought was supposed to signal that people were welcome to leave.
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised you stayed as long as you did.  And I really can't believe the bride was yelling at you at the reception.  Did it really matter if one guest left?  About 1/3 of my guests left right after we cut the cake and it didn't make one difference to me.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah. She sucks. What an AW
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_not-wp-related-horrible-wedding-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:eb52e829-f472-43cb-ae8a-33bc8c410596Post:9781cdd2-7db0-4702-b385-8258ba4c6e28">Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ewwww. Was this a friend, friend of a friend, relative...?  I'd like to judge her more with you based on the details.  Currently, I deem her to be rotten.  We can upgrade her to smelly AND rotten if she's dear to you. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

Honestly, we are pretty good friends.  I suspect that myself and a few other people in the "high school group" were b-listers but they both have such huge families I was honored that I got an invite at all-as very few friends did.  I'm sort of appalled by her behavior because she's usually very sweet and almost never rude.
  • Options
    What a biatch! So the reception was planned to end at midnight on a Sunday night??? You are totally right here. I can't believe she stopped you and yelled!
    C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    That's insane.  Really. That's just awful.  She should have been more concerned with her other guests than focusing on you.  What an awful position she put you in.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_not-wp-related-horrible-wedding-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:eb52e829-f472-43cb-ae8a-33bc8c410596Post:2933bc5b-0a37-41a0-90f8-04888b550ff7">Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience : Honestly, we are pretty good friends.  I suspect that myself and a few other people in the "high school group" were b-listers but they both have such huge families I was honored that I got an invite at all-as very few friends did.  I'm sort of appalled by her behavior because she's usually very sweet and almost never rude.
    Posted by duckie1905[/QUOTE]

Was she drunk?  The sauce is a cruel, cruel mistress.

I'm sorry one of your friends treated you this way.  I was a bm for one of my closest friends from high school many years ago, and she yelled at me during her ceremony (during her VOWS) because she felt her train needed adjusting.  She also yelled at the maitre'd during her father's speech at the reception and told her she wouldn't pay for the meals because they didn't taste the same as they had at her tasting.  I hate her lots now.  Weddings bring out the best, the worst, or the drunk in people. 
  • Options
    What a crazy! I can't imagine caring about this either during or after my wedding. I get it when people come on here beforehand and are bummed someone's said they'll have to leave early, but once you're married, I feel like you should be more focused on the happiness of it all rather than ONE person being a little sleepy. Also, regardless of it being a Sunday or not, some people are just tired at 10pm. It's not like you left before dinner or something, you stayed until a very normal going home time, both in terms of how much of the reception had happened and the time on the clock. People usually trickle out at receptions, it's not like everyone always stays til they're kicked out.

All I have to say is that this girl is doing it wrong. She should go enjoy her husband rather than fixating on you.
  • Options
    You left at 10 PM, and she's pissed about it?

She needs to grow the eff up.  And you need to ignore her phone calls until she simmers down and gets over her entitlement issues.  She should be thankful that ANYONE was still partying at 10 PM on a Sunday night.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Wow.  Why does "wedding" bring out the crazy in people?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am printing this out and posting it on the exit door of our reception!  I think I might just stand at the door too!  I want everyone invited to know that if they leave before the 12:00 am shut down time I am going to ream them a new hole!  LMAO 

That chick is insane.  I wonder if she realizes what an a$$ she made of herself infront of her other guests?  I hope someone got that on video!! hehe
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • Options
    Wow!! Sounds like my sister in law! She is way out of line and she should be happy you stayed as long as you did!
  • Options
    I wouldn't have stayed that long.  The bride sounds like a peach.
  • Options
    Wow, that's crazy. Was she drunk? Hell, some of our guests left right after the ceremony because they had to work. We told them to take a plate for the road and thanked them for coming, no yelling involved.

I would have found it really hard to be nice if she was yelling at me in front of everyone. So, kudos for you for keeping it together.
  • Options
    Ew, yuck.  In addition to smelly and rotten, perhaps foul?  There are so many things wrong there.  I hope she realizes what a jerk she made herself out to be, and I would definitely be ignoring her phone calls for awhile (if there even are any).

And if you had already said goodbye, what's not connected her in brain to tell her that means you're leaving?  That's definitely off.  Hopefully you got a nice dinner out of it, though!
  • Options
    Didn't you have another crazy bridezilla experience, Duckie?  Maybe I'm misremembering.

That's so weird that she flipped out like that.  It's not like you left super early, or made a big scene about it.  Was she just planning on sealing off the doors until she decided the party was over?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_not-wp-related-horrible-wedding-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:eb52e829-f472-43cb-ae8a-33bc8c410596Post:1ccda708-0525-41cc-9c17-9998adfd4814">Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am printing this out and posting it on the exit door of our reception!  I think I might just stand at the door too!  I want everyone invited to know that if they leave before the 12:00 am shut down time I am going to ream them a new hole!  LMAO  That chick is insane.  I wonder if she realizes what an a$$ she made of herself infront of her other guests?  I hope someone got that on video!! hehe
    Posted by hd7694[/QUOTE]

<div>You better send it in the invites as an enclosure so everyone has the heads up before they even arrive.  Then they can get the late night babysitter etc.  People are PITA about reading stuff on doors, it's better to be safe.  So if any mofos try and leave you have more then enough reason to go right for the throat punch.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_not-wp-related-horrible-wedding-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:eb52e829-f472-43cb-ae8a-33bc8c410596Post:9e7293ed-0c33-43f4-b204-0997df1f0c46">Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience : You better send it in the invites as an enclosure so everyone has the heads up before they even arrive.  Then they can get the late night babysitter etc.  People are PITA about reading stuff on doors, it's better to be safe.  So if any mofos try and leave you have more then enough reason to go right for the throat punch.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Might as well make an all-inclusive list--what the guests should wear, what they should bring as a gift, how long they should stay, etc.  As long as you put your monogram on it, it'll be ok!
  • Options
    I hope you hung up on her when she called.  What a twatwaffle.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_not-wp-related-horrible-wedding-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:eb52e829-f472-43cb-ae8a-33bc8c410596Post:9e7293ed-0c33-43f4-b204-0997df1f0c46">Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not WP Related: Horrible Wedding Experience : You better send it in the invites as an enclosure so everyone has the heads up before they even arrive.  Then they can get the late night babysitter etc.  People are PITA about reading stuff on doors, it's better to be safe.  So if any mofos try and leave you have more then enough reason to go right for the throat punch.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!  Well hell if they are going to get a late night babysitter then we might as well make it an allnighter!  I think that I will chain the doors shut while I am at it.  If they try to leave before I am done partying I will throat punch them. HAHAHAHA  Or maybe I will hire bouncers to guard the doors with dobermans. 

I really would like to know if someone was video taping when Mrs. Crazy went cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  That would be worth it's weight in gold!  :)

Please recognize sarcasm when you see it folks!  I don't want anyone to be offended.
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • Options
    OP, I am late into this, but I agree with pp. I don't care what the girl's relation to you is....what she did was rude and biitchy. You weren't the only guest, so I find it SO weird that she would chase you down. Also, you stayed plenty long enough.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards