Wedding Etiquette Forum

So proud of BF!

BF is not exactly the most savvy on etiquette. Wether it be for a wedding or life.

Also - he is BM in a wedding in October. So we have been talking a lot about that wedding, things that we like that they are doing, things that we will more than likely do differently, ect. 

We had this conversation tonight:

BF: So I was thinking about something.
Me: OK
BF: Well, at best friend's wedding in October, I am not going to be able to sit with you, because I'll be at the head table. Bestfriend said he would sit you with my dad, but still. I won't get to sit with you.
Me: Yeah, thats gonna suck.
BF: So, when we get married, I don't want to separate people from their dates. But also - I don't want to highlight to the whole wedding "Hey look!! These other people in the wedding party have dates! But that girl/guy doesn't!!!" incase not everyone has a date to bring. Thats rude too [Honestly - I hadn't even thought of this aspect - so kudos to him for thinking of that!]. So, can we just get one of those little tables where you and I just sit there and all of the bridal party can sit at tables like everyone else??
Me: YES. WE CAN DO EXACTLY THAT!!!!!

I know I said it already - but I'm so proud of him!!!!
                                Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: So proud of BF!

• Yay for him!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Good for him!  Mine has been listening to me vent about the wedding I'm in right now and I'm sure he's learning some lessons too.  I wish he could be there to see the chaos that it will be, but he's not invited.  

• It's one of my best friends.  And the whole thing is an etiquette train wreck.  Not enough food planned, cash bar (but the people who want to drink get a wristband good for two drinks), SO's not invited, etc.  

• It's one of my best friends.  And the whole thing is an etiquette train wreck.  Not enough food planned, cash bar (but the people who want to drink get a wristband good for two drinks), SO's not invited, etc.  

You're IN one of your best friends wedding and you still aren't allowed to bring your SO? I would have dropped out of that wedding so damn fast. 
  • ScoutF said:
    It's one of my best friends.  And the whole thing is an etiquette train wreck.  Not enough food planned, cash bar (but the people who want to drink get a wristband good for two drinks), SO's not invited, etc.  

You're IN one of your best friends wedding and you still aren't allowed to bring your SO? I would have dropped out of that wedding so damn fast. 
    I am a little miffed, but I've just figured that our friendship is worth more than the wedding etiquette mistakes.  Her family doesn't really know much about etiquette and I don't want to take that out on her.  It was annoying considering we've done triple dates with her and our other best friend who is in the wedding (whose FI is also not invited). Other best friend is also flying across the country to be in the wedding, which makes it really inconsiderate to not invite her FI.  At least she has family here.    I think what annoyed me the most about it was when I saw that she was inviting couples who lived together....yet didn't give her wedding party invites for their SO's/+1s.  One of the girls is flying in from another country.  One lives on the opposite side of the U.S.  That's a lot of time and commitment to not even give someone a date.  

For lurkers: Yes, I love her to death.  Yes, I will forgive her.  However, I am angry that my SO is not being invited and I will remember it. It feels like she's telling me that only her relationship matters. I'm not going to say anything to her face, but I am one more etiquette train wreck away from just having him crash the reception for dancing after dinner.  

•  
    I am a little miffed, but I've just figured that our friendship is worth more than the wedding etiquette mistakes.  Her family doesn't really know much about etiquette and I don't want to take that out on her.  It was annoying considering we've done triple dates with her and our other best friend who is in the wedding (whose FI is also not invited). Other best friend is also flying across the country to be in the wedding, which makes it really inconsiderate to not invite her FI.  At least she has family here.    I think what annoyed me the most about it was when I saw that she was inviting couples who lived together....yet didn't give her wedding party invites for their SO's/+1s.  One of the girls is flying in from another country.  One lives on the opposite side of the U.S.  That's a lot of time and commitment to not even give someone a date.  

For lurkers: Yes, I love her to death.  Yes, I will forgive her.  However, I am angry that my SO is not being invited and I will remember it. It feels like she's telling me that only her relationship matters. I'm not going to say anything to her face, but I am one more etiquette train wreck away from just having him crash the reception for dancing after dinner.  

Wow, that is really wrong. She even knows and has hung out with your FI, and he's not invited?? I find that really strange.
  • huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    mimivac said:

Wow, that is really wrong. She even knows and has hung out with your FI, and he's not invited?? I find that really strange.
    The bolded is exactly what she is implying. It doesn't seem like she cares about her friends relationships, only her own.  

Come be in my wedding, but sorry your FI or boyfriend is not invited. 

This is really the worst etiquette mistake. I can deal with the cash bars, registry info in the invitations, a gap, but not inviting SO is really bad. 

And she should stand up to her parents. My parents mentioned a couple not etiquette approved things, and I said, nope not doing that.  I'm the bride and I'm going to be judged the harshest on any faux pas.

• mimivac said:

The bolded is exactly what she is implying. It doesn't seem like she cares about her friends relationships, only her own.  

This is really the worst etiquette mistake. I can deal with the cash bars, registry info in the invitations, a gap, but not inviting SO is really bad. 

And she should stand up to her parents. My parents mentioned a couple not etiquette approved things, and I said, nope not doing that.  I'm the bride and I'm going to be judged the harshest on any faux pas.
    Same here!

Anniversary
  • mimivac said:

Same here!
    I'm not sure how many people the venue can hold, but I really just want to be like "I will give you the freaking $80 for both SOs to attend!" (that's right, it's only $40 a plate).  I just don't want to single us out of the 7 bridesmaids and make us seem like primadonnas/bridesmaidzillas (thought it would be REALLY hard to outbridesmaidzilla one of the girls).  Part of me almost doesn't care.  The majority of the bridesmaids have been so catty I don't even care what they think, because it's not like I'll ever be hanging out with them again.  Weddings make people weird.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards