November 2014 Weddings
Options

Stressing out over $ again :(

I'm seeing my wedding account, and bank account, get lower and lower I have to keep checking my finances to make sure I'm still on track...and I am. It's just stressful for me seeing my account drop $1000 to pay off the venue and then my bank account getting a little low (right after bills hit and before a paycheck so it's normal), and then seeing my credit card needing to be paid within 10 days (2 paychecks before that and I've already made a partial payment on it). I'm just freaking out with just over 100 days to go! :-(

Re: Stressing out over $ again :(

• Options
    The money aspect of wedding planning has been the worst for me. I consider myself frugal, but everyone around me just says I'm cheap as heck. I will talk myself out of the smallest purchase (like a soda at the gas station) just to save money. Seeing so much money being spent on a 1 day event is hurting me lol. This is what I wanted though, versus a courthouse ceremony, so I keep reminding myself of that. It'll be worth it!
  • Options
    I have a wedding account too!

I just replaced the timing belt and water pump in my car....900 bucks later, but better safe then sorry because if that belt goes it would cost me over 2000 at least.

I've been such a scatter-brain lately I forgot to pay last month's cell phone bill.  Oops!!

I feel like I am desensitized about budget at this point.   I admit, I felt so frugal when I first set out.  I was completely floored by certain costs.  Looking back, I shouldn't have been surprised.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    April192002April192002 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2014

I had a budget and was going to stick to it, I did my shopping around before setting the budget so I would have a realistic idea of what things cost. Well, a random shopping trip here, and another one there, and I can't keep up with what I've spent (and I was trying so hard to). The $25 shoes, $10 earrings, Save the Dates, and invitations have/will come out of my bank account so I would say everything I end up paying for out of my bank account will easily be another $100-$200.

Speaking of money, FI and I are trying to get our credit scores up and I was going through my mail today and saw 2 credit card applications. The first one was hilarious! 29.99% APR, $125 first year ($96 after) annual fee, AND a $60 annual monthly maintenance fee. The second one was 0% APR until May 2015(22.9% after that), no annual fee, and no monthly maintenance fee. I applied for the 2nd one got approved, only for $300, but I'll take it! :) I told FI that he needs to start working more weekends so I can charge up those cards! LOL

Edited for paragraphs.

• Options
    I'm with you! FI and I are already poor college grads so money is tight as it is, but we're both also pretty "cheap". We're having a really small wedding and no reception, but like MommyKristin88 said, spending all this money on one day seems ridiculous! And it all just keeps adding up the closer and closer we get to the day. I only get paid once a month, so there are some big droughts!
  • Options
    I agree, the money stress is probably my least favorite.  Sometimes I'm so jealous of the girls whose parents pay for every little thing.  My parents have never been all that supportive financially... my dad makes good money but I have no idea where it goes.  Very odd.  Anyway, he told me he'd cover everything and that I should get everything I want.  This was a change from the norm, and I was really nervous paying deposits on things because I didn't know how reliable he would be.  So, three months til the wedding, we have about $8000 left to pay on various things, and he's MIA half the time.  I HATE it.  So stressful.  I can't wait til things get paid off (one way or another) so I can focus on just getting married.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @jaime232! That really blows and I hope it all works out.
  • Options
    @jaime232, don't be jealous of them.  That money comes with serious baggage.  Be proud that you are doing it your way with or without your dad's contribution.
    I understand how stressful it is.  When I was budgeting, I had a panick attack.  FI talked me down and we worked out a plan.  We've made some sacrifices along he way but we are so glad we are do it our way.

Disclaimer: My mother gave me about $3000.  I told her that we were fine but she insisted as a gift.  I have an excellent relationship with my mother and we are friends so I knew she wouldn't pitch a fit over what flowers we chose or whatever.  The rest is all me and FI.

If anyone would like to engage in tacky money talk, I can totally make a budget thread.  I'm an open book.

• Options
    Haha money talk is always okay (I guess I like to vent about it). But thanks for the encouragement! I think in the end, it'll be fine. It has been a tough year financially but in the end, we're married and we can start rebuilding savings, etc. That's the plan, anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards