October 2014 Weddings
Options

Wedding Night

SehlinBrideSehlinBride member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited August 2014 in October 2014 Weddings
Planning out all the lil' details I realized we would need transportation from the wedding venue and then somewhere to stay....how is everyone leaving their reception and are yall just going home afterwards or staying somewhere?? We live so close to our wedding venue but I feel like we should be staying at some quaint place down by the waterfront....and as for our get away vehicle we have too many options!!! We are extremely big into offroading so we have a million jeeps we could drive off in or one of our pickup trucks or a 64 impala that was FH dad's who passed away when he was a lil' boy (that's another topic) which I thought would be an amazing way to incorporate remembering him at our wedding or my parents offered a limo!!!??? Too many choices!!! Plus if we have a few drinks at our reception do we really want to be driving away from there?? And another thing is it will be 11:30 at night...do hotels even let you check-in that late!!?? I thought I had this all planned out after being with the man of my dreams for the last 8 years but there are so many lil' details and all these choices are stressing me out!!!

Re: Wedding Night

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    FI wanted to stay in a hotel that night so we have one booked for that night and the following night, too, since the hotel is close to the airport we will just leave from there for our honeymoon after the second night. I assume he will go get ready there so we'll be checked in already. I will get ready at my parents'. As far as transportation he seems to think he'll be fine to drive us to the hotel and might borrow his brothers convertible camaro to leave in at the end. Part of me wants a limo to take us back simply because I have never been in a limo. But I'd have no clue when to tell the limo to pick us up. I wouldn't want to hire it for the whole evening when really we just need a ride to the hotel after. So things are up in the air with us, too. But if he has too much to drink my parents live near the hotel and his brother as well, so we have some options.
  • Options
    Our hotel is literally right next door to our ceremony venue, so we will probably just walk there. Our reception venue is just down the block from the ceremony venue, so afterwards we will likely just walk back to our hotel room. But our whole thing is pretty informal really.
  • Options
    Our reception venue isn't far from our house so just spending the wedding night there. We don't leave for our honeymoon for a few days so will spend time with OOT friends and family the day after.
  • Options
    Our venue has a contract with several different hotels, so we were able to choose which one we wanted to stay at. It's a suite, and it's included in the whole venue package. We also blocked off 10 rooms there, and there will be a shuttle service to and from. I think we will probably just take the shuttle back with all of the other guests staying there, bc we are planning on keeping the party going a little longer at the hotel's bar.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    We live about 30 or 40 minutes from our venue but 1. We will have family staying at our house and 2. I don't really want to go home right after the wedding like its just any other night. So we have a nice hotel room reserved in the city and we have hired a 1952 white Bentley sedan to pick us up from the venue and take us to the hotel.

• Options
    When we blocked hotel rooms we got a free room. So we will be using the free room. We have a guest shuttle taking guests to and from the reception/hotel. We are just going to take that. We are thinking that we are going to hang out with family and friends even after the wedding ends. When we have had enough, we will just head upstairs. 
  • Options
    Our wedding is a destination wedding.  We will already be in our room on the wedding day/night.  We will be hiring vans/towncars to transport us and our guests where we need to go.

As far as late check-ins, I've done it before, just have let the hotel know what my plans were.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are also having a destination wedding, Savannah, GA. My parents live there but my Fiance and I don't and neither do more than half our guests. Since we will be drinking, we blocked hotel rooms in historic downtown Savannah for our guests and for ourselves. We're using trollys to transport our wedding party/guests for a certain number of time but after that they'll have to drive or use taxis. Fiance and I are also using a 1950s Bentley as our getaway car. I think if you speak to the hotels there shouldn't be a problem with checking in late.
  • Options
    We are staying at a hotel thats a 10 min drive. I am having a town car pick us up at our venue when its over and taking us to our hotel.

• Options
    we are going home in our car.. simple.. no big deal. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Home in our car, we are going to host a bonfire in the backyard that night if anyone wants to come back and some of our friends are going to pitch tents.  

We will sleep in our own home, in our own beds :) then off to the city the next day for 3 nights at a 5* hotel and then up to the cottage for a few more nights of quiet and relaxation

• Options

@LDay2014 - I love the post-wedding bonfire!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards