Snarky Brides

"Can't your fiance just add someone else...?" STFU!

I was at work doing the night shift thing with this other nurse I was orienting. She got to asking me about my wedding and how many people were in my wedding party. I said "I have 6 on my side and my fiance has 5 on his" and she goes "can't your fiance just ask someone else so you'll have even sides?"

Um, no, he can't just ask someone so we have even sides! These are the people we want up there with us! Why the hell do people think having even sides matters so much? I couldn't give a rats ass if our sides were even or not! These are the people we want up there with us, end of story.  It didn't exactly help that this girl was looking at me like I had 12 heads when I added that my fiance is also having two best men! bwahaha!

End rant.

Re: "Can't your fiance just add someone else...?" STFU!

• When my friend got married, she asked 6 women to be in her bridal party.  Her (now) husband had 6 as well.  One of the women couldn't afford to travel to the wedding, so she backed out.  My friend replaced this woman with another "backup bridesmaid" (yes, she actually used that term).  Backup bridesmaid got a new job, which is exciting.  But the new job required her to work on the day of the wedding.  So backup bridesmaid had to drop out as well.  My friend asked ANOTHER woman to step in and be the backup's backup.  ALL FOR EQUAL SIDES.

She actually said to me "Here's my advice for any bride - have backup bridesmaids."
  • I love the out-dated wedding "traditions" that people get so stuck on. Back in the early 80's when my mom got married, her FMIL flipped out (like major meltdown) because my mom wanted to wear flowers in her hair and not wear veil. I've had a few people flip out on me because I didn't want matching bridesmaids dresses, I don't want us to be announced when we walk into the reception, I don't want a head table... None of that stuff was written by God and it's not a law in any wedding manifesto so... Why do I have to do it? It's not my style, it's not my FI's style, we don't want it, so we're not doing it. Get over it, people! 
  • I was at work doing the night shift thing with this other nurse I was orienting. She got to asking me about my wedding and how many people were in my wedding party. I said "I have 6 on my side and my fiance has 5 on his" and she goes "can't your fiance just ask someone else so you'll have even sides?"

Um, no, he can't just ask someone so we have even sides! These are the people we want up there with us! Why the hell do people think having even sides matters so much? I couldn't give a rats ass if our sides were even or not! These are the people we want up there with us, end of story.  It didn't exactly help that this girl was looking at me like I had 12 heads when I added that my fiance is also having two best men! bwahaha!

End rant.

DH had 2 best men and no GMs, I had an MOH and a BM. You have company in the 12 heads club!

Anniversary
  • I'd be all "omg.... You're RIGHT! This whole time we've been planning our wedding, I though 6 = 5. Thank you SO much for pointing out that it doesn't and how we should fix this obvious problem. Here's a sticker just for you!"
    *********************************************************************************

• I have had the same problem! I have 1 MOH and 5 bridesmaids and my FI has 1 best man and 3 groomsman. Certain people have been looking at me sideways when I say it is not equal and that I am fine with it. Those 6 girls are close to me just like his 4 men are close to him. I am not going to kick out 2 girls just so it can be equal or make him pick 2 random people that he is not where near close to.
  • My FI wants 6 groomsmen and I have a MOH and 2 BM. I can already feel the strange looks people are going to give me when I say that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My nephews wedding had 3 groomsmen (incl BM) and the bride had 2 girls as bridesmaids, and her brother as "bride's attendant" in the program. No big deal. They had who they were close to. The girls walked arm in arm with a groomsman, and the 2 guys just walked side by side. Nothing remarkable.
  • She would have a conniption if she saw my bridal party! I'm going to have like 70 bridesmaids (7) and FH is most likely going to have 4. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards