Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Bridal consignment dress shopping?

Hi All, 
Just curious to know opinions on buying your wedding dress from a bridal consignment store?  I'm still at least 4 months away from look at/trying on/buying a dress but I recently went to a bridal consignment store with a friend to look for wedding items for her and noticed the huge selection of dresses.
Thanks!

Re: Bridal consignment dress shopping?

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

What kind of concerns do you have? I get the feeling the stores around here are fairly picky about what they accept so it's going to be a dress that's in style and not stained up.

I saw some pretty and very economically priced dresses at bride to be (Bloomington) and bridal aisle (Osseo)
  • I don't necessarily know that I have any concerns as of yet but more so wanted to get a grasp of opinions from anyone who has gone to a consignment store for their dress.
  • Lurker popping in...

I bought my dress at a consignment store.  It looked brand new and was a dress that I wouldn't of been able to afford normally. I went to Bride to Be in Eagan, but I didn't feel like I got the best service.  I felt rushed, and not really helped.

Brides on France in Edina is really nice. They don't have a ton of selection. or they didn't when I went there.  The owner was very helpful and attentive.  It was a good experience.

Special Day Consignment in Rochester is really nice. They just moved into a bigger building and have an awesome selection.  They were attentive and helpful as well.  In comparing prices, I felt that SPC had better prices than BOF. They also had more new dresses that had never been worn in a wedding. 

No one will ever know that your dress is used. 

Good luck! :)
  • Not just a consignment store, but check with Goodwill - they often have gowns in their stores (They usually have a prom season event somewhere here in the cities but might be worth checking because you never know!!!

• Bridal aisle in Osseo is fabulous--the shop is cute, the owner is very friendly and helpful, and most of the dresses were in my price range (200-500). Bride to Be in Bloomington is also great, but they have a lot of pricey dresses and you have to do some hunting for the deals. I tried on a dress that was $3000 (originally $700) just for fun, but ended up purchasing a different gorgeous one for $187.  I also got a belt and veil there. The service there is great.
    I also went to a consignment shop in Anoka, but I wasn't impressed. 
  • I bought my dress from a wedding consignment store.  Mine happened to be brand new with tags on it still, just a previous year (or 2) style that was no longer orderable.  I got it for around $100. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards