October 2014 Weddings

Your timeline

Just curious to see when everyone's significant dates are occurring now that we're down to the final couple of months - as far as showers, bachelorette, hair trials, fittings, whatever else you're having.

Your wedding date:  10/11/14 

Sending wedding invites:  8/11/14

Shower date:  9/6/14

Bachelorette party date:  9/6/14 (the girlfriends coming to the shower - 7 total- will stick around and we'll go out that evening, the shower starts later than usual for that reason)

First dress fitting:  9/2/14

Hair trial: 9/10/14

Makeup trial:  n/a - doing my own

Final hair cut/color before the big day:  10/3/14

Re: Your timeline

• Only 54 days left!! I start back to teaching on Tuesday, so I'm scrambling to get things done before I have absolutely no time to myself.

Your wedding date:  10/4/14 

Sending wedding invites:  8/1/14 DONE and getting RSVPs back!

Shower date:  8/9/14.  It was a vintage/shabby chic garden shower which was absolutely beautiful!

Bachelorette party date:  9/13/14.  The girls and are I getting massages and foot scrubs, heading to my fave place to eat, and having a good old fashioned slumber party!

First dress fitting:  8/16/14. Hopefully, I won't need a lot of work done.  I want to add in cups and a bustle, but I'm terrified I won't fit into my dress.  I ordered it in February and it was delivered in April. Ahhh!!!

Hair trial: 9/14/14. I think I look best with my hair down, but I don't want to mess with it all evening. Hm... we'll see!

Makeup trial:  9/26/14. A little too close to the wedding for my taste, but what can you do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

Your wedding date: 10/18/14

Sending wedding invites: 8/18/14

Shower date: 8/16/14 (We also had a surprise shower on 6/30 while visiting FI's parents out of state and my sister hosted a couple's shower for us on 7/19)

Bachelorette party date: 9/13/14

First dress fitting: 9/4/14

Hair trial/Makeup trial: 5/3/14

Final hair cut/color before the big day: 10/12/14

• JasperandOpalJasperandOpal member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2014
    • Your wedding date: 10/11/14Sending wedding invites: 8/16/14
    • Shower date: no shower
    • Bachelorette party date: no bachelorette party
    • First dress fitting: bought the dress used and it fit perfectly then, now I just have to make sure I lose a little weight to get back to the size I was when I got it.
    • Hair trial/Makeup trial: Doing both myself so I have been having mini-self trials for months
    • Final hair cut/color before the big day: 10/3/14

I just ordered/paid for my and my FI's wedding bands.  I am taking a break from addressing invitations right now while I wait for FI to get back to me about the spelling of a friend's SO's name.  Stamps should arrive today or tomorrow and then I will be sending my invitations.  
    • Wedding date: 10/4/14
    • Wedding invitations: Sent July 28th, already receiving rsvp's
    • Shower date: No shower for me
    • Bachelorette party date: September 20th (a little close to the wedding - hope I'm not too stressed!
    • Dress fitting: fittings and alterations are already completed!
    • Hair/Makeup trial: September 10th
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • weeniedogsweeniedogs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    - Your wedding date:  10/18/14
    - Sending wedding invites:  87/31/14
    - Shower date:  08/16/14 (This Saturday!!)
    - Bachelorette Party date:  9/20/14 - We are hitting up Disney's Food & Wine Festival!
    - First Dress FItting:  05/07/14 - Went great! No alterations needed, just need a bustle!
    - Last Dess Fitting: 08/16/14 - Picking up before the shower on Saturday! Cant wait to get it back and put it back on one last time before the wedding!
    - Hair Trial: N/A
    - Makeup Trial:  08/16/14 - My best friend and MOH is a makeup artist! We are doing a quick trial before the bridal shower. 
    - Final Hair Cut/Color Before the Big Day: First week of October?
  • hkda2003hkda2003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Your wedding date:  10/18/14 
    Sending wedding invites:  8/4/14
    Shower date:  8/17/14 This sunday!! I'm so excited :)
    Bachelorette party date:  10/4/14 
    First dress fitting:  Can't schedule it until it arrives this week (fingers crossed). 
    Hair/makeup trial: 5/24/14
    Final hair cut/color before the big day:  Not sure.
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Your wedding date: 110.18.14 Sending wedding invites: 8.18.14 Shower date: 9.6.14 Bachelorette party date: no idea yet, still being worked out First dress fitting: My friend will be taking it sometime in September Hair trial/Makeup trial: Hair trial is the Tuesday before the wedding 10.14.14 Final hair cut/color before the big day: 10.14.14 I am doing my final cut and color and hair trial with my regular stylist who I trust implicitly.
    Anniversary
  • Your wedding date:  10/11/14 

Sending wedding invites:  8/11/14

Shower date:  9/28/14

Bachelorette party date:  8/15-17 low key weekend out in the Texas Hill Country with Wine Tasting/Tour on Saturday

First dress fitting:  8/7/14

Second fitting: 9/5/14

Hair trial: 10/6/14

Makeup trial:  Doing my own, but had professional consult on 8/9/14 Now 2 months of practicing!

Final hair cut/color before the big day: n/a

• Your wedding date:  10/11/14 

Sending wedding invites:  8/18/14

Shower date:  8/16/14 ...this weekend! so excited! :)

Bachelorette party date:  8/22/14 in Vegas with two of my closest friends, 10/4/14

First dress fitting:  9/2/14

Hair trial: 9/22/14

Makeup trial:  9/22/14

Final hair cut/color before the big day:  10/9/14

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like a lot of us are having our showers this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding date - 10/4/14
    Sending invites - 8/13/14
    Shower date - 9/14/14
    Bachelorette party - 9/20/14
    Fitting date - 8/21/14
    Makeup trial - I'm still not sure if I'm doing my own or not

• Your wedding date:  10/14/14 

Leave for Disney (Destination):  10/12/2014

Sending wedding invites:  Not Sending any - I have a total of 10 guests; my parents; my bro & SIL, FI's parents; FI's bro & gf; FI's sister & neice.

Shower date:  Not doing one, I MIGHT try to do a small get together to let my family meet his, but I don't know if my mom is up for that. 

Bachelorette party date:  10/10/2014 - probably just head to a spa and dinner

First dress fitting:  9/5/14

Hair trial: Not doing one

Makeup trial:  Not doing one - but I am hoping to go to Sephora to get a 'bridal perfume' and maybe a lipstick/gloss/stain

Final hair cut/color before the big day:  Not sure - I need a hair cut now, I generally only cut the ends off my hair every 3-4 months.  So I might do one this month and then first week of October.

Anniversary
  • jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2014
    -Your wedding date: 10/11/14 -Sending wedding invites: 8/11/14 - DONE :) -Shower date: I think its this sunday! 8/17/14 -Bachelorette party date: No idea yet -First dress fitting: 8/18/14 -Hair/makeup trial: Did both on the same day 06/27/14 and it was perfect! -Final hair cut/color before the big day: 10/04/14
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your wedding date: 10/3/14

Sending wedding invites: 7/30/14 - done & receiving responses!

Shower date: 6/20 - was at a beautiful boathouse and was a cocktail party :)

Bachelorette party date: 7/18-7/20- Nashville with 14 of my closest friends! Best time ever!

First dress fitting: 8/22 can't wait!

Hair trial: not sure. My best friend is doing it. She's a hair dresser.

Makeup trial: 5/1. Went great!

Final hair cut/color before the big day: all natural!
  • Wedding date - 10/12/14

Sending invites - Sent them out a few weeks ago :) Getting lots of responses already!

Shower date - 8/31/14

Bachelorette party - 8/30/14

Fitting date - No clue. I called a lady yesterday that was reccomended by a shop in my town since they cant take any more brides (overwhelmed), and she said she normally doesnt do fittings until about 2 weeks prior! She does it out of her house. So no clue when I'll be doing it. Dress really just needs to be hemmed and sash sewn on...

Makeup trial - Did both my hair and makeup trial in late June

Last hair trim: August 28th!

• SehlinBrideSehlinBride member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Wedding Date: 10/17/14
    Sending Invites: 8/12/14 (Sent them out this morning! EEKKKK)
    Shower Dates: 9/6/14 & 9/13/14
    Bachelorette Party: 10/4/14
    Hair Trial: 10/4/14
    Makeup trial: 6/29/14 (had it done for my engagement pictures)
    Dress fitting: Putting it off lol but needs to be soooooon!!
  • Your wedding date:  10/5/14 

Sending wedding invites:  8/2/14 Starting to get RSVPs back, USPS ended up returning 2. They have since been remailed. 

Shower date:  8/2/14. It was a surprise. I cried. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Bachelorette party date:  I don't know if I'm having one. No one has said anything. :( 

First dress fitting:  8/16/14…THIS SATURDAY! I can't wait, but I'm also nervous. I tried it on when it arrived back in December…I hope to god it fits. 

Hair trial: I had one back in June and another in July. I decided to go with an up-do. It just looks better on me. 

Makeup trial:  I'm doing my own make up. Ive been experimenting and practicing with new products. I have nailed it all except for the foundation. 

• Wedding Date: 10/11/14

Sending Invites: TODAY!!!! 8/13/14

Shower Dates: 8/17/14 (I'm so excited!)

Bachelorette Party: 9/20/14

Hair Trial: 9/20/14 (Getting it done so I can see if the style I want will last all night at the Bachelorette Party)

Makeup trial: Doing my Own

Dress fitting: 8/26/14

• simplyelisesimplyelise member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Your wedding date: 10/18/14 Sending wedding invites: 8/4/14 Shower date: 8/2, 8/9, 8/16 (I know, I know) Bachelorette party date: 9/27 First dress fitting: Was 7/26 but dress they ordered was 2 sizes too small, so they found a dress the right size at another retailer and I had that fitting 8/9. Hair/makeup trial: Makeup trial was last month - went horribly, doing my own now. Hair TBD Final hair cut/color before the big day: I'll probably do this at the beginning of October?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: 10/10/14

Sending Invites: 8/30 or 8/31
    Shower Dates: not having one.
    Bachelorette Party: not having one
    Hair Trial: my daughter is doing my hair so she just keeps trying different things whenever she is home.

Makeup trial: Doing my Own

Dress fitting: my dress is at my brothers house it fit perfect when I got it!! I am going to retry it on sometime this month or early sept since I lost 10 lbs since I got it!
  • Your wedding date:  10/04/14 

Sent wedding invites:  7/31/14

Shower date:  9/7/14

Hen party date:  10/02/14 (drinks & apps at a lovely Spanish Tapas Lounge, then off to a hotel's swanky lounge)

First dress fitting:  8/14/14

Hair trial: 8/23/14

Makeup trial:  8/22/14

Final haircolour before the big day:  9/27/14

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your wedding date:  10/4/14 

Sending wedding invites:  7/21/14  (just finishing finalizing the guest list)

Shower date:  no shower- asking for cash/gift cards

Bachelorette party date:  none planned. Might go out with a couple friends the night before. 

First dress fitting:  8/2914

Hair trial: Doing it myself- will probably practice in mid-september

Makeup trial:  Doing it myself- will practice in september

Final hair cut/color before the big day:  haven't scheduled it yet. Hoping for mid-late september

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Your wedding date: 10/18/14
    Sending wedding invites: 8/11/14
    Shower date:  Also this Sunday! 08/17/14
    Bachelorette party date:  Not sure yet
    First dress fitting:  Dress is ready to go 
    Hair/makeup trial: Done with this. I think in June sometime?
    Final hair cut/color before the big day:  I doubt I'll do anything like this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Your wedding date: 10/5/14
    Sending wedding invites: Sent back in July getting RSVP's back
    Shower date: 8/24/14 its a surprise location!
    Bachelorette party date: 9/6/14
    First dress fitting: 8/16/14 
    Hair/makeup trial: Did make up trial back in June my friend/bridesman is doing my make up. I might do a hair trial in septemebr  

• Wedding date: Oct 31/14
    Sending invites: Sept 5/14
    Shower date: not having one
    Bachelortete party: Oct 25/14 (also going out Oct 9 with some girls from work)
    First fitting: Sept 4/14
    Hair and makeup trial: both on Sept 20/14
    Final haircut: not sure yet. Probably before my hair trial.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrstowery said:

Your wedding date:  10/4/14 

Sending wedding invites:  7/21/14  (just finishing finalizing the guest list)

Shower date:  no shower- asking for cash/gift cards

Bachelorette party date:  none planned. Might go out with a couple friends the night before. 

First dress fitting:  8/2914

Hair trial: Doing it myself- will probably practice in mid-september

Makeup trial:  Doing it myself- will practice in september

Final hair cut/color before the big day:  haven't scheduled it yet. Hoping for mid-late september

please don't do this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards