Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Hi everyone- I'm your new mod

Hello, 

My name is Lauren and I will be moderating the honeymoon board from here on out. I got married in April and I'm an avid traveler. I've been to half of America's national parks, as well as to Europe, Asia and Canada. In a past life- I was the moderator of a top 100 forum for 7 years, so I bring some experience to the table. 

Please let me know if there is anything you think can be done to make this place better. I'm open to all ideas and suggestion. What do you want to see more of? What do you want to see less of? Any threads that should be sticked? Do some stickies need to be taken away? Let's work together to make this forum the best it can be.  

Re: Hi everyone- I'm your new mod

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Welcome!!! I look forward to continuing to post here!

I think a good sticky to have is something about all inclusives or hurricane season. We seem to get a lot of posts about that :)

Edit- maybe a HM registry sticky as well, even if it points to the existing one on the registry forum?

• Options
    In general, I am not a big fan of stickies. They waste room at the top and newbies don't read them before asking a question.
  • Options
    I think you can start by taking down the 5 Days of Freebies announcement!  

I also think you can remove the travel agent announcement.  Nobody is a TA, and if one comes along and tries to hawk their services they will get booted by the TOS just like any vendor.  We don't have stickies on any other forums warning vendors away.  I'd rather see useful stickies geared towards members, if anything.

Oh, and congrats!  Glad to see a mod on this board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards