Ohio-Cleveland

Best Wedding Planning Book

I've just started planning my wedding but I want one of those planning books. Is there one out there you would recommend? Thanks!

Re: Best Wedding Planning Book

• You really don't need one of the books... I think they're a waste of money. Do you just want it to keep track of everything and keep tabs on what needs done? If so, this website is great for that...
  • I just used the free stuff availabe here on the the knot. The time frame table the provide is awesome and they really do remind you of all the little things too. Best of all, nothing to carry around. Now I did have a large plastic envelope that had dividers in it to sort paperwork for potential vendors & then to keep my contracts in after I commited to a vendor. But that was something I felt comfortable not carrying around with me.
  • I Have A Martha Stewart Binder. Honestly, Pintrest Has Been The Most Helpful Planning Tool. I Rarely Even Use My Planning Book Unless I Am Filing A Contact OR Searching For A Business Card.
  • Thank you ladies!
  • I just bought a binder, some of those tab dividers, and a couple of page protectors (and a business card holder) - I already had a 3-ring hole punch.  Contracts go in the page protectors, vendors business cards go in the business card holders up front (I will write what I'm using the vendor for so their number/website is right there if I need to contact them) - I printed out a budget guide and one of those 'do X at 5 months out' guides and a calendar (with room for notes).

For me - I scrapped this plan because I'm no longer doing the 'traditional' wedding.  Still using my binder though for my planning.

Anniversary
  • Go to the library and get 'bridal bargains.' great ideas. But in general go to the library or half price books.
  • I have "The Bride's Essential Book of Lists: Things to do, Questions to Ask" I like to have it because it holds lots of information and walks you through all the little minor things that I would have missed otherwise. It's the counterpart to those big binders but it's the essential questions and works well with online sites. It's purple, small and has pockets and business card spots which I like a lot.
  • GoodVibeDJGoodVibeDJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2014
    "TheBestWeddingReception... Ever!" is a great planning tool! It focuses on many things that other planning books don't. An excellent read. http://www.thebestweddingreceptionever.com/
  • It isn't always popular here on the knot, but A Practical Wedding was one of my favorites. Keeps you grounded!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards