Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Menu

I'm hosting a bridal shower in the next month for a close friend of mine. The party is on a Saturday and starts at 1 p.m. and goes until about 4:30 or so.  Would it be ok to do heavy appetizers as the food - or should I be including lunch (sandwiches, salads, etc.) into the menu? Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Menu

• Its kind of boarderline. Did you already send out invites? What I'm getting at is could you push it to 2pm and end at 5pm. That's a solid non-meal time that not many would be confused about.

If you can't change the time at this point, I would have a mix heavy apps with a couple lunch foods (like tea sandwiches and a pasta salad or something). I think that should have you covered.
    *********************************************************************************

• If I'm at a shower for 3.5 hours I expect to be fed a meal. That's a long block of time to not include a meal. I think 2.5 hours is the max with apps since eating won't take as long as it would with a sit down meal.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• If you serve the aps like a cocktail hour, let guests mingle, you might be able to stretch it out for about 1 1/2 hours, then play some games and open presents. Are the aps being passed or are the set up like a buffet? If they are set up like a buffet, expect the ladies to eat like it's a buffet, so you will need more food anyway. At that point, you might be better off just serving a meal.
  • We've decided on sandwiches, salads, vegetarian options and heavy apps - plus cake and cookies.  All fall themed :). I think we should be covered!

Thanks for your input everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I could make a meal out of hor'dorves if plentiful enough. Adding sandwiched and salads, I wouldn't be complaining.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards