African American Weddings

Friday Wedding

I am trying to figure out a timeline for the day of. My wedding is on a Friday at 7pm. I was just speaking with a make up artist, and she indicated she should get started on make up at 10am (for 5 girls)! That's waaaay earlier than I envsioned. I've been tossing the idea of having the girls meet me the hotel room to get ready before the photos. Otherwise, they could meet me where we're getting our photos done at. I was thinking;

3:30pm Bridesmaids photos

4:45pm Groomsmen photos

5:00pm Bridesmaid arrive at ceremony location to freshen up, relax, and grab a snack before guest start arriving

6:00pm Groomsmen arrive at ceremony location to freshen up, relax, and grab a snack befor guest start arriving

6:30pm Guest start arriving

7:00pm Begin ceremony

7:30pm Cocktail hour (same location as ceremony)/guest begin utilizing the photo booth/serve beer & wine

8:30pm Begin reception

8:35pm Bride/groom dinner served

8:40pm Guests served dinner

8:55pm MOH/Best man toasts/dance music starts

9:00pm Bride/Groom first dance

9:05pm Bride/Grandparent dance

9:10pm Bride & Groom/Daughters dance

10:00pm - Cake cutting

11:00pm – Farewell

Does that sound good? I'm also debating on extending the reception til midnight for extra dancing time

Re: Friday Wedding

• Do you have a DOC?  Who will be overseeing the timeline for the day?  You need someone in charge who can crack that whip.   When I first read it I thought there was not enough dancing time for the guests to really party So I would suggest adding more time for that.  As to the elements of the timeline itself  it looks good to me but I may be overlooking stuff as my wedding is quite some time off and I've yet to deal with a timeline.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• No I don't have a DOC. I figured I'd give the tiemline to everyone, and we'd be keeping track of time. Parying time is what worried me as well, that why I was ocnsidering extending it an hour, til midnight, istead of 11.
  • Definitely add in the hour for dancing.  If you can get a DOC I would do so.  I have assisted in a few weddings with a wedding planner and I can tell you the day can get out of control quickly.  The wedding planner had two of us assisting and it was all we could do to keep things in check.  If you do use friends/family to handle your timeline make sure you choose the people that have the best of the best in time management skills and organization.   Have fun!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I agree. and with 5 girls is it hair and makeup? I would think you would start at 11:30 am but if a proffesional is telling you they need a certain amount of time..... believe them.... you don't want to be stressed or have them stressed. it's better to be ready early than to run late.

And get a DOC!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards