Nevada-Las Vegas

advice for 100-150 guest wedding

Hi everyone!
I am planning to get married next year in Vegas (Sept 2015). I am open for suggestions of venues where I can have the ceremony and reception at the same location (but it's okay if we have to move from outdoor to indoor, i.e. from pool to ballroom/restaurant). We are trying to cut our guestlist down from 150 to 100.
Some places I have contacted (Planet Hollywood and Aria) cannot accommodate more than 100. Any recommendations/advice? Thanks in advance!

Re: advice for 100-150 guest wedding

• Cosmo has the Point Loma room. Platinum Hotel. Rumor Boutique hotel has a nice outdoor space. I know many of the hotels have ballrooms that would work but the ones above have nicer spaces in my opinion than a ballroom. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aria can only accommodate 60 (without bridal party) in the chapel anyway...
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks for these recs. I will check them out! Regarding Aria, they do have a pool and fireside option that accommodate 100 guests...but after 8pm. I was hoping to have an earlier ceremony with a reception afterwards!
  • I am getting married at The Venetian.  Their indoor chapel holds up to 150 people and it's lovely.  There are sets of french doors that open to the courtyard with fountains and beautiful greenery.  They also have an outdoor space for a group that large but it is definitely more expensive. 

The Primrose Court at Wynn is outdoors and is beautiful.  We were thinking of booking there but the only times available on our day were very early or far too late.  It will hold between 100-150 guests.  Both hotels have reception spaces/ballrooms that can be used and Bouchon, a wonderful restaurant at The Venetian, shares the courtyard space with the wedding chapel so it would be super easy to have a cocktail hour or even a full reception right there.  Additionally, Maggiano's is right across the street and they can accommodate, I believe up to 150 guests if you utilize all 3 of the banquet rooms there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The primrose court looks gorgeous!
  • What is your desired budget?  If you're going to get up into the $40k+ range, you could do Mix at Mandalay.  My wife and I had our wedding and reception in the restaurant, and used the Mix Lounge (attached but separate) for the cocktail hour in between while the restaurant staff converted the place back into a restaurant for the reception.  We had about 125 guests and a bunch of vendors.  If you can get your list down to that amount you could use Mix and have the seating work in an ideal configuration.  With 150, some guests would have to be seated at tables that do not have a direct view of all the other tables, so less than ideal but still easily doable and a non-issue after the eating part of the evening.  Can't beat the views from 64 stories up and you'd have access to their balcony as well.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• missholly18missholly18 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting married 9/27/14 at Bali Hai http://www.balihaigolfclub.com/ - it's a golf resort on the strip next down from Mandalay Bay.  

We are having 110 guests and getting married on the patio.  It's a really beautiful venue!

• Mirage and Emerald and Queensridge (off strip) can accommodate over 100 easily.  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Thank you for all the feedback!
    I was getting worried that there were not too many options on the strip.
    Thank you so much!
  • edited August 2014
    @missHolly18 Is Bali Hai Golf Club the same as the Cili place? TIA!
  • Yes I believe Cili name of the restaurant at Bali Hai.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards