DIY Wedding Forum

Mimosas and Monograms Shower

Does anyone have any creative ideas for this type of shower?  I love the idea and it's super cute!

Re: Mimosas and Monograms Shower

• I don't know what this means, but if you are hosting a shower like this, I would have a mimosa bar and decorate with monogrammed stuff. Would need more info to help with more specific ideas... colors, theme, time of year, personality of bride, etc.

*********************************************************************************

• I personally don't mind a "theme" so long as you're not actually side eyeing people who don't follow it. I'd probably give something the bride could choose to monogram later.

A mimosa bar is a must. What else does the bride like?

And like I said on the pre wedding parties board, make sure that the bride likes monograms and you let guests know what her monogram will be, as personalized gifts are almost always non returnable

Anniversary
  • Just to throw this out there, this would be done at the bachelorette party weekend.  This would not be her main shower, it would just be thrown by her bridesmaids and the only people attending would be the bridesmaids and maybe 5 other close friends. So it would be very small, but I thought it was different alternative to the other types of bachelorette events (i. e. lingerie shower, stock the bar shower etc..) and yes.. this bride is all about monograms hahahaha and mimosas for that matter :)

• Just to throw this out there, this would be done at the bachelorette party weekend.  This would not be her main shower, it would just be thrown by her bridesmaids and the only people attending would be the bridesmaids and maybe 5 other close friends. So it would be very small, but I thought it was different alternative to the other types of bachelorette events (i. e. lingerie shower, stock the bar shower etc..) and yes.. this bride is all about monograms hahahaha and mimosas for that matter :)

Is this part of her bachelorette party?  I'm a little confused.  In our area, the bachelorette party is not typically a gift giving party.  Some girls may choose to bring a gag gift or something on the sexier side, but many guests will not bring anything.  Often the girls invited to the bachelorette party have already contributed to pay for the bride's expenses for the evening.

Is this a shower that happens to be held the same weekend as the bachelorette party?
  • Yes that's what I was planning on, since her closest friends would all be in the same place at the same time.
  • chibiyui said:
    I personally don't mind a "theme" so long as you're not actually side eyeing people who don't follow it. I'd probably give something the bride could choose to monogram later. A mimosa bar is a must. What else does the bride like? And like I said on the pre wedding parties board, make sure that the bride likes monograms and you let guests know what her monogram will be, as personalized gifts are almost always non returnable
    100% THIS ^^
  • So it sounds like there are several OOT bach guests and you want to turn the bach into a kind of shower also since everyone's in the same place at the same time?

Meh... if people are traveling for her bach and possibly also pitching in for the bride's expenses at the bach, I wouldn't also do a shower. Unless you have some rich friends who like to make it rain all the time, it's kind of a lot to ask. Even if you decide to do the shower anyway, you absolutely should not ask people to bring monogrammed gifts. It's imposing. Let them gift however they want.

Can you just do mimosas and decorate with monograms for the bach? There's nothing wrong with that since you're not asking others to do anything/contribute. You could order monogrammed napkins, cups, plates, etc. in her wedding colors. You could serve cookies and/or other snacks with monograms. And then your mimosa bar could have several different varieties of OJ (e.g. OJ with mango, other juices), a few different types of champagne and some fruit garnishes. I wouldn't over think it.
    *********************************************************************************

• My girls took me away for my bach weekend and then threw me a lingerie shower. I was really surprised, but it was funny and sweet. But that's the only shower I had. If everyone is on board, go for it.
  • I hate being asked to bring a gift, especially a specific type of gift, to a bachelorette party. I already gave a gift at the shower and will give one for the wedding, and I'm spending money to come out and party with you. That time (plus any drinks/meal I buy you) should be seen as your gift. I'm not bringing shit else.

• All good points.  I guess I will leave it out and just have the party weekend then. 
  • It's just kind of customary for our group to have a small shower during the bachelorette weekend.  Since we all live across the state, and can't always make it to the bridal shower, everyone always tries to make a valiant effort to make the bachelorette party and have a little something special for the bride.  Other friends in our group that have gotten married have done the lingerie shower, stock the bar shower etc.. but if it seems rude, I wouldn't want to put anyone out.  I'm about to get married as well, and I wouldn't want anyone to not attend some function of mine because they didn't think they could afford it. But maybe I could suggest it to the group and see what their thoughts are on it.. Would that be rude?

• @knottie43581280 - if this is customary in your circle, people will bring a gift anyway. I think what strikes me as rude about it is that you're telling them what to bring. Can it just be a "mimosas and monograms" bachelorette and you decorate with monograms instead of asking people to give monogrammed things? If people want to bring her a gift, they will.

• That's definitely doable.  Any ideas on monogrammed decor?  I mean I know the customary letter for her new last name (she will be changing it to his), but basically go with like hobby lobby stuff as far as monogrammed decor?  It would be neat to have a few useful things that she can take home after the shower and use in her home.. like those wooden monogram things you see now... I don't know, I just need ideas!! :)
  • Etsy is your friend. Just type in monogram and you will be swarmed with results. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards