Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Gold wedding dress...help!

I just purchased my dress and it's technically "gold". It's very similar to champagne but maybe a bit darker. I had planned on mint or Tiffany blue for my bridesmaids, but the blue looks horrible. I haven't found a mint dress to hold next to it yet. Blush looks good next to it, but I was wondering if anyone has any photos of a good color scheme with a champagne or gold wedding dress? I would love to see if so!

Re: Gold wedding dress...help!

• Options
    Wow!  This is an incredibly hard one to Google Image search.  I did come across this color scheme, which I like a lot.  Other colors that would look good with gold IMO:

Navy blue
    Purple
    Red
    Dark pink
    Many shades of deeply colored blues
    Various blue based greens

Sorry I'm not being more specific.  It's hard to know without seeing your dress in person, as even with a photo, the colors that come up on the screen aren't always a correct representation of the original.  I think a stronger color would look best though.  

• Options
    Thanks for the ideas! It is almost impossible to google! I should have maybe added that it's a May wedding. I guess that's why I've struggled with strong/deep colors.
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I'm having a May wedding as well. Originally I wanted pastel colors for bridesmaids, but it was easier to just go with navy. My bridesmaid's really appreciated it. They had been concerned that they'd never wear a pastel dress again, and that they'd look washed out in it.  Navy goes well for any time of year-- it's a classic (bonus, your lighter dress will pop in photos next to it). 

Also, the color of your dress sounds fairly neutral. I'm surprised there are colors you think look awful next to it. Do you have a picture of your dress you could show us? 
  • Options
    http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=4SN805LU Here is the link, but honestly the color looks completely different in person. I thought about navy, but the only request that my fiancé has had is that he wear black. I feel like I should give him a little say :) I'm not sure if the blue would have seemed as bad if I didn't compare it next to an ivory dress that I tried on also. It just looked so much better with the ivory than the gold. I like the idea of a dark color to make me pop a little more. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    You can have the BMs in navy and your FI still wear black.  They actually look nice together.

And congratulations!  The dress is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards