Wedding Etiquette Forum

Shower thank you notes

Hi everyone, I had my bridal shower today and have a quick question. Many of the cards were signed by the guest and their male significant other/husband. None of the male counterparts were present at the shower. When addressing thank you notes should it be addressed to the names on the card or just the guest who was present? Thanks!

Re: Shower thank you notes

• I would address it to the name on the cards, but that is just me. Seems safer to do so.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would say both, since both names were on the card, thus indicating the gifts were from both people.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hi everyone, I had my bridal shower today and have a quick question. Many of the cards were signed by the guest and their male significant other/husband. None of the male counterparts were present at the shower. When addressing thank you notes should it be addressed to the names on the card or just the guest who was present? Thanks!
    Address it to both.  You can do something like:

Dear Sally & John - Thank you so much for the beautiful serving platter.  It coordinates perfectly with our china.  We can't wait to use during the holiday season!  Sally, it was wonderful catching up with you at the shower!  Looking forward to seeing you both at the wedding!

Love, 
    mforrestall
  • Thanks everyone! That's what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure I had the right idea.
  • As long as it's not thong underwear send it to both!
  • I always thank those that signed the card.

I usually only sign my name when it's for a shower. But I also get a separate wedding gift for the wedding, which would be from both of us. 

Remember, some of those gifts might be your shower and wedding gift, therefore should be addressed to both if both signed the card. 

• I agree with what has been said and would simply thank both individuals, especially since the gift may have been picked out by both of them. 
  • Agree with PPs, if the card is from multiple people (sometimes people go in on gifts together, not just couples), then the card should be addressed to them all.
    Happiness is an inside job
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards