Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Average price range for a DJ?

Hi all!

I was just wondering how much everyone spent on a DJ and if it was just run-of-the-mill or if they did anything special with their services in your price range. Just looking to see some comparisons so we don't overspend. There is a pretty big price difference in a lot of the DJs in my area.

Re: Average price range for a DJ?

• caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Our DJ's package always starts out at $495 for 5 hours. That included wireless microphones, LED dance floor lighting (if we would like),online music planner, and unlimited consultations with our DJ company. They can do ceremony music as well, and if the ceremony is in the same room as the reception then that is free of charge. If they are in 2 opposite rooms and they have to move their equipment, then the charge was $75 for the ceremony. In the end, we had the $495 starting rate, $75 dollar ceremony charge, then a charge for an extra half hr which was around 35-37 dollars.

FI and I went to 2 bridal shows and saw other DJ's in our area, one was $1,000 for only 4-5 hours with minimal to nothing extra. Others ranged about $450-$600 as well with their bridal show specials. However, the DJ that we picked DOES NOT do bridal shows, they advertise only by their marked vehicles, facebook, and what people post on the knot, weddingwire and so forth about them they said. Our DJ also said the pricing for other people are so high compared to them, is because they spend money on the bridal show booths that cost a bit of money to set up, with other advertising that they need a way to make money, ours does simply by customers words of mouth and so forth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow that is cheap! Everyone I have looked at is 1200 and up. However, I am looking for 7 hours, so music is playing during cocktail hour as well.

• wow that is cheap! Everyone I have looked at is 1200 and up. However, I am looking for 7 hours, so music is playing during cocktail hour as well.
    Our DJ is playing our ceremony, cocktail hour, and all through our reception. From 6 PM until midnight. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our DJ is a base price of $750 - that is unlimited hours, dance lighting, and a wireless microphone. We're also having him do our (outside) ceremony for an additional $200. In our area, there were DJ's that charged much more, and ones that were much less, for similar service, but we REALLY like our DJ and that he's not a large, mass produced, DJ Service. It is just him and his partner and they do everything from setup to tear down. Meet him, pay him, and see him at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards