November 2014 Weddings
Options

Writing your own vows? Using traditional vows?

With all of this talk about getting closer to the wedding (less than 3 months, for real?!) it reminds me...

We have to write our vows soon!  And write our ceremony!  So much excitement!

However, I am not a gifted writer.  I figured that I was going to poke around online to find bits and pieces of things I like, which will hopefully guide me toward writing vows and not just a love letter.

What is everyone else doing?  Perhaps this will help to get me motivated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Writing your own vows? Using traditional vows?

• Options
    We haven't discussed that yet.. I guess we probably should haha.  I like that personal touch, but I guess I've been overwhelmed with other details that I haven't even wrapped my head around the idea yet.
  • Options
    I was having a hard time with this.  Our officiant has asked us to choose 2 ceremony readings, so FI and I are in talks about that.

I will bawl when I have to recite my vows.  I was trying to do this assignment last month and teared up just thinking of standing there and hearing/saying them.  I think I need to choose a standard format (the officiant provided a template) and I will go with that.

I need waterproof mascara.  This is gonna get ugly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We aren't writing our own vows unless we're told we have to provide them. As far as ceremony goes - short,, sweet, and simple. Honestly, I'd go for a 5 min ceremony but FI says it needs to be a little longer.
  • Options
    I found an awesome book at the library called "The Wedding Ceremony Planner" and for anyone who needs/wants to write the ceremony this would be so helpful! There are multiple different options for wording in every aspect of the ceremony. http://www.amazon.com/The-Wedding-Ceremony-Planner-Essential/dp/1402278225
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards