Attire & Accessories Forum

DRESS SWEAT

I had my first alterations appointment today, and in the time I was standing there, I got super sweaty. I could feel sweat dripping down my legs. Any way to combat this on the wedding day?
---
tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DRESS SWEAT

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Air conditioning?  It's not like you will ever wear that dress again.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • You could try using some type of powder.  I'd read the labels and make sure they're dress friendly.  

It's true, you're not likely to wear that dress again.  I know people who have dyed them, and still never worn them again.  What's the dress made from?  That's definitely going to determine the sweat factor.
  • I had the same experience during my dress fitting and I chock that up to stress and nerves that my damn bustle wasn't going to be figured out/not look like I wanted it to.

The day of my wedding hardly any sweat (except when we were taking pictures outside in 80 degree weather, and even then I was just glistening).

But like others said, you will most likely never wear the dress again and as long as you aren't leaving puddles of sweat on the floor as you go then it really isn't a big deal.

Have you considered wearing long bike shorts under your dress to help with leg sweat?  At least it will help with any inner thing chafing from being sweaty.

• The Ban (deodorant brand) wipes have been awesome for me since I'm a sweater. They've worked for weddings, job interviews, and other events. They don't leave a sticky film, weird smell, or skin irritation. And, they aren't expensive!
  • Eh. I had the dripping sweat during my reception, but as things cooled down outside I really stopped noticing it. Twice, when it was still hot, I went into the bathroom and lifted up my skirt in front of a huge fan for some relief, (MOH was an awesome help, lol) but that's about it. I was having too much fun to notice.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I had my first alterations appointment today, and in the time I was standing there, I got super sweaty. I could feel sweat dripping down my legs. Any way to combat this on the wedding day?
    I sweat like nobody's business on a regular basis, so I feel ya.  I would use some kind of powder or spray, even deodorant, on your legs - or leggings/bike shorts to soak up the moisture.  All the layers under the dress trap in the heat and it gets really gross in there, really quick.  I'm already anticipating the misery.  I'll be making trips to the bathroom to stand over an ac vent or fan. 
  • I know my dress came with a hoop and I'm not loving how BIG it makes the dress (The sample did not have the hoop so it was a surprise when it came in).  I'm going to actually ask the alterations person if she can make the hoop quite a bit smaller because it's a TON cooler with the hoop in than without it.  I haven't been able to see your dress so I'm not sure if that's an option.

Anniversary
  • I'm yet unmarried, but I have similar concerns. Trying on dresses resulted in a lot of sweat going on for me, especially in dresses with more layers, but in general. I have to agree with the idea of spandex or spanx (go for a size larger if you don't want compression) to help with leg sweat. Even if I don't want the compression factor, I will sometimes wear spanx "girl shorts" to decrease leg to leg sweat and contact. There is nothing worse than leg chaffing caused by sweating. I find they help reduce the sweat (or maybe absorb?) and also help decrease that uncomfortable feeling of touching sweaty body parts together. 
  • I'm having the same problem, twice when I've tried it on for alteration I start sweating like crazy! I'm not sure how well it is going to work but I'm planning on trying this: http://emilyandtony.com/downunder-comfort and hopefully it just won't be too hot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards