Wedding Woes

Ughhh...Monday

DH is OOT.  I'm sick as a dog.  We are waiting for an update from the buyer's agent. And it's Monday. 

I'm going to the minute clinic over lunch because I can't take it anymore.  

Weekend was OK.  Saturday night, we went to see some friends and that was awesome.  DH got picked up about 4 hours earlier than we expected yesterday.  

I really need it to be Thursday.  I'm off for 5 days, DH comes home, and hopefully, I'll be feeling better. 

I hope things are going better for y'all. ;)

Re: Ughhh...Monday

• Sorry you're sick, conn.  Ugh.

The weekend was ok.  Nothing exciting.

Today I had to take DH to work because he had a screw in his tire and the donut was shot.  4:30am came pretty fast.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was thinking about you this weekend. Hope Thursday comes fast. Saturday was the first soccer game of the season and it was hot and humid. Coaches were asking people on the sidelines for extra water. Ils came to the game and invited themselves over for lunch after. Mil made some comment about wanting to take the kids overnight, but never being asked? Last time we asked was a cluster and she's never approached us so I don't know. My mom is also being weird about Christmas. Already. Oh Saturday night at 9:30 the computer people called to say my laptop was done. I was lit. Sunday was early mass and coming home to a cluster. I don't know why Dh can't manage the simple morning routine. Breakfast, medicine, dressed, milk cups. The kids know it they just need to be reminded sometimes.
  • Conn--that sucks.  I hope you feel better soon.

Taw--tire troubles are awful, especially on weekends. 

6--your MIL is so ding-y. 

My weekend went way too fast.  Ha.  Great run on Saturday---pretty sure I lost 5 lbs in water, drank my weight in water again.  Was invited out by neighbor dude to drinks with his buds for a bach party. Um no...I'm a married lady, not your bro-dude.

Sunday was good, slept in, got up and ran, had lunch with H's coworker and her child.  Child has a mystery illness that is leading to her being taken to mayo this week, it's something neurological that came on about 7-8 weeks ago, that may be viral but confirmed.  They've been contacted by CDC, etc---but nothing conclusive at this point.  So rather than starting her 6th year of school, she's being taken to Mayo about 3 hours north of us.  So it was nice to see them for lunch and give them a good "see you soon!" moment. 

Sunday afternoon was a lot of nothing---H was exhausted and I was okay with doing nothing.
  • Tire troubles do suck. But this place we go to for repairs/new tires is really awesome. I was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes. They also really hooked us up earlier this summer right before vacation.
  • We have a shop that we both love and it's like 10 minutes from us---having people you trust with stuff like that is so nice.
  • Boo for sickness, mrs.conn.  Get well soon.

i2i w/6 on the DH/morning routine thing.  If DS wakes up while my hands are full with something else, DH will volunteer to get him, but then he doesn't do anything:  doesn't change him, start getting him dressed, even take off his sleep sack.  So I guess it's good in that DS isn't fussing alone in his crib, but DH isn't exactly helping to move things along in the morning, either.  We've discussed this before, but I just didn't feel like getting into it again this morning.  Maybe tonight.

DD starts KG Weds. and is getting so big.  I offered to drive her the first day and she thought about it for a second, then said "No, I think I'd rather try the bus."  Okay then.  And we're transitioning her to her new, earlier schedule (bus comes at 6:39 this year, and we're supposed to be there by 6:30, ouch) and she did great.  I was prepared for crabbiness and foot-dragging, but she was an angel.  DD wins the morning over DH.

Traffic was balls this a.m. because it's the first day of school for both counties I drive through.

Met some more neighbors this weekend.  One of the moms was super sweet, and her youngest is DD's age.  They came over yesterday and brought us cookies.  (And they were good cookies.  She's from MN, and we ex-pat Midwesterners understand the value of real butter in baked goods.) 

Oh, and Friday was teacher development day at DC/preschool, so I was home with the kids when DS woke up with conjunctivitis.  Took him in and found out he had an ear infection, too.  Now he has diarrhea from the amoxicillin, even though I've been giving him probiotics.  Worked well with DD back in the day, but not doing the trick with DS.  I have a call in to the pedi to see if we need to switch him, but I don't have high hopes--it's not like an allergy, it's basically just the drugs doing their job, you know?  But he gets bounced from DC for 24 hrs after 2 episodes of diarrhea, and given whatever weirdness he had a couple of weeks ago, I really can't keep him home for a 10 day course of amoxicillin when he's otherwise healthy.  I foresee a lot of scrambling and juggling and overall stress.
  • This weekend was relaxing.  It was too damn hot all weekend with heat advisories out, so we stayed in as much as possible.  The dogs were miserable b/c I wouldn't let them outside for more than 10 minutes at a time.  It was over 100 nearly all day, finally dropping to 94 about 10 pm.  Read, watched some TV, read a lot, put together a new workout...just stuff.
  • It was a much needed downtime. Like V said, it was hotter than Hades, so there was not a ton of outdoor fun or unnecessary errands, but it was niiice.

Saturday, I did OK with smoked meats...I got a hot plate and it worked for a while, then powered itself down and would not get back up to. I think it was some sort of safety/overheat mechanism that got tripped. May try to find one better suited to smokers (if the whole thing gets hot, it won't trip). A downpour didn't help either. Which means everything had to go into the oven to finish off. I didn't quite get the pull apart like I wanted, but even fuckups were pretty damn tasty. Convinced my friend to watch the new Doctor Who with us (ZOMG!!) and now she's hooked....may need to make this GTG a semi regular thing :)

Sunday was just errands, church and SS for DD. She was cranky pants and going through a bit if an emotional hard time now...so we watched DVR contents, played inside, made meals, etc.

Today. SOP training. Blech!!!!!!!!!::::vvvvvv:::::
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Just left urgent care. Max smashed his head into something on the playground. Blood was flying he was crying. Luckily we were right next to the police station because I didn't have any band aids (forgot to refill after his last inicident
  • Poor Max.  I hope he's OK. 

I just left urgent care too.  I have strep.  I haven't had strep since my Sr year of HS.  Major WTF-ness. 
  • Poor Max.  Hopefully no stitches or anything.

Sorry, conn.  Three of us (not the girls) just went through strep last year.  It sucked but the meds made us feel better pretty quickly.  Get as much rest as you can.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I forgot to finish. He didn't need stitches just some glue. He cried when it first happened, but m2 was crying more because he got blood on her dress. I gave him some Tylenol and he's napping soundly. Poor mrsconn.
  • Poor Max and Poor Conn.

I just got work after a morning of Dr. appts.  Our internet at home was out all weekend.  Apparently there was/is a wide spread outage by our provider.  However, everyone else in our building has the 'nets and we don't so not sure what's going on.  A tech is scheduled to arrive Tuesday evening.  
  • Man *sprays lysol up in post*!

I hope you feel better, I've never had strep, I'm lucky I suppose. 

We have an employee that came down with pneumonia and he texted this to me, but I'm assuming his wife made him go to the dr. because last I was told he has a 103+ degree fever this morning.  That stuff is dangerous.

:(
  • Another member of the sick club here.  Our house needs some major lysol-ing and bleaching. 
    We've all been sick with colds/allergies/whatever it is.  

On top of that, DD decided to fall asleep on the couch at 6pm on Friday, slept through dinner (pizza!) and then barely woke up when we put her in bed.  And then she got up at 3am and vomited.  Fortunately, she's the best kid ever and made it to the toilet.   She was so hot, so I cooled her down with a wet washcloth and she went back to bed.  

Saturday morning, she seemed to be doing great so we took her to her ice skating lesson, then out to lunch.  I took her over to my dad's to spend the night and she seemed fine.  He called me at 8pm to say that she was burning up and had a 103.6 temp.  My child has had a fever maybe one other time EVER.  So of course I'm crying and scared and think I have to take her to the hospital, etc.  I go into full first-time-parent-panic-mode.  

I get off the phone, get on the internet and see that 104 is the magic number to worry about.  I called my dad back and asked him to give her a cold compress and some water and send her to bed.  He checked her temp every few hours and by 1am it was down to 100.  She woke up at 6 and it was back to normal.  She's been fine ever since.

So, I don't know what her body was fighting off, but wow.  I'm glad it did.  And now I have that under my belt and I don't have to freak out again when she has a fever.   What a dork.
  • Fevers are scary - you get a pass AuntFlo
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Fevers are very scary. Glad she is ok.
  • Fevers terrify me more than anything else.  Luckily, DefConn hasn't gotten one that's too out of whack.  Neither has the kiddo.  

I have a fever today and I forget just how shitty you feel when you have one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards