Wedding Invitations & Paper

The Knot RSVP Not Working

I decided to do my RSVP online in effort to go green and not have to manually handle all the replies, so I set up the online RSVP through The Knot.  I entered all the guests on the back end in the guest list section, and sent out my invites...smooth sailing right? Nope, one person did her RSVP online then the form broke and no one else was able to even though many tried.  I emailed feedback@theknot.com, nothing, emailed again, nothing.  Then I called, and they gave me supervisor's email lquibell@xogrp.com, nothing.  Anyone else test their online RSVP to realize that it's not working and that's why no one is actually RSVPing or is it just me?  Anyway, for those who are thinking about doing online RSVP, go to Appy Couple and request an invite, it's amazing, and it automatically creates an iPhone/Android app that your guests can use to take pics during the wedding and upload all of them to the same site.  

Re: The Knot RSVP Not Working

• Big mistake.

Knot RSVP seldom works correctly. Didn't anyone tell you this?
  • I've heard of so many people having problems with TK RSVP system. I'm not really sure what you can do at this point. Did you give guests a phone number or email where they can RSVP as well?
  • Just say no to online RSVPs.

There are many many many ways to go "green" in your everyday life.  But I'm ok with little 3x5" squares of recycleable paper, possibly already printed on recycled paper, which are traditional and familiar to guests, save massive headaches like the one OP is experiencing, and help preserve people's jobs at the post office, thereby helping the economy.

Yep.
  • I've gotten emails saying that someone that someone has RSVP'd but sometimes it wouldn't show in the actual guestlist online so I doublecheck each one.  This is good to know though...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh god. Why did I not see this before I sent out my invitations? What I've noticed is that when I'm editing the website and click "preview" the RSVPs work, people's names and possible dinner choices show up. When I go to the actual url on the invitation, typing in the name of a guest redirects me to The Knot's homepage.

Our crappy potential fixes: Add a page to the website that either says to email us their RSVP, or add a clickable URL to the main page to that would redirect them to the page that shows up in the preview. Not sure if the second one will work if I'm not logged in. I'll have to check.

Ugh.
  • I wish I would have seen this before mailing out my invites.  I thought it was going to make everything easier... but it has made rsvp's a nightmare!  Not only did it stop giving people an option for dinner, but the guests that had already chosen their meal, their choice was erased.  Now I have to go through each guest and contact them to find out their meal choice.  I tried to contact the company several times and never heard anything back!  So disappointed!
  • I adore Google Docs. As an emergency bandaid, why not create a quick form where people can submit their names, RSVP information, etc?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Is anyone else having problems with theknot doubling guests names on the guest list once they RSVP? So frustrating. Also, some responses will show up via email but not on the guest list.
  • Ahhhhh it keeps redirecting me to log in again.  One in every 10ish tries, I'm able to actually view any of my information. Hmmm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards