Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What do wedding invitations consist of?

Our wedding is in April 2015, and we bought our STD's off of Etsy then took them to a local mom and pop copy shop that was recommended to us and we will be doing the same for our wedding invitations. There has been some variation as to the wedding invitations that I have received over the past few years as to what has been inside of them.

Thus, what goes inside of of a wedding invitation envelope? I know the invitation itself, the RSVP card/envelope with stamp, I know that you DO NOT EVER place anything about registries or gifts in them, but what else?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do wedding invitations consist of?

• Options
    Depends. All we had were invitations and RSVP cards/envelopes. Some people do reception address cards if at a different venue, maps or directions, website insert.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    The only thing that is absolutely necessary in a wedding invitation is the invitation itself.  Most people put in a response card, too, but it is technically optional.  Generally, if your reception is in a different location than your ceremony, you should include a reception invitation card, too.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    We included an insert with info about accommodations, directions, and our Quaker ceremony. We didn't do a website.
  • Options
    Ok! Our ceremony and reception are at the same venue, and I have done a website that outlines our 2 hotel blocks, directions, as well as the location of the ceremony and reception (outside ceremony, cocktail hr spread both outside and inside followed by our inside reception).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok! Our ceremony and reception are at the same venue, and I have done a website that outlines our 2 hotel blocks, directions, as well as the location of the ceremony and reception (outside ceremony, cocktail hr spread both outside and inside followed by our inside reception).
    In that case you won't be requiring any reception card. You have mentioned each and every fine details of your wedding in your website, but there may be some people who are not that active or familiar with Internet. For such guests if your budget allows you can include some add-on cards in your wedding invitation suite such as a separate accommodation insert and a map/directions card. You can mention your wedding website in the right bottom corner of your wedding invitation or can use a separate card for that.
  • Options
    @AddieCake, @CMGragain, @emmyg65, @Knottie36491512

If I do put in a few "add in's" plus the invitation itself, what are your recommendations for assembly? I don't want to just throw the invitation and add-on's in the envelope without them being secure.

When I was researching Etsy, I came across this invitation and add-on's and found this idea to keep it all together, but other than that I'm clueless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thus, what goes inside of of a wedding invitation envelope? I know the invitation itself, the RSVP card/envelope with stamp, I know that you DO NOT EVER place anything about registries or gifts in them, but what else?

Hahaha you saved yourself from being attacked. That's hilarious.
  • Options
    I just threw all the components (invitation, response postcard, insert) in the envelope. That kept them secure enough. 
  • Options
    I have no recs for that. I would probably have done the same thing Emmy did.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    You could put a belly band around everything:
    Or DIY or buy pocket folds:
    Or wrap some twine or ribbon around it and tie it in a knot or bow, kind of like the picture you posted above.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I agree with doeydo. I came across some tutorials on you-tube on how to assemble the invitation cards.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here is a sample. May be it can help. For more, you can go to you-tube.
  • Options

Hahaha you saved yourself from being attacked. That's hilarious.
    @whoaitsmegan I've learned quickly on that aspect so I figured I might as well throw it out there so I no need to be told. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All I put in ours was the invitation itself and the RSVP (post)card. 

I originally planned on wrapping them in twine, but that inflated the price by $.21, so I said "Fuck the twine."
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    All I put in ours was the invitation itself and the RSVP (post)card. 

I originally planned on wrapping them in twine, but that inflated the price by $.21, so I said "Fuck the twine."
    We bought a wax seal kit with our initial for our save the date, but saw mixed reviews on it raising the prices, going through the postal sorting, and arriving broken, half on, or completely off, so we said "fuck the seal" and figured we would save it for our actual invitations instead when more than likely they would already be more costly already, and I think we can ask the post office to hand cancel them I think to try and preserve them as much as possible. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards