Attire & Accessories Forum

I SAID YES TO A SECOND DRESS!!...after regrets of my first

sdo1010sdo1010 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Attire & Accessories Forum
I Said Yes to my dress!!!! I am so relieved and grateful that I found my dress. I went Saturday with 3 people to try on dresses and felt the pressure to get this dress that was absolutely gorgeous and fit perfect on me but I didn't feel it was THE ONE! I said yes and immediately regretted my choice. Put a deposit on the dress and just felt like I made the wrong decision. I called the shop back Monday and asked if I could come back to try it on and see if there is another dress that I will LOVE! So I went last night and I tried my original dress (a ball gown) back on and felt NOTHING. Then I tried on this gorgeous beaded, fitted dress with an organza ruffled skirt and fell in LOVE! 

Advice to anyone that is indecisive like me...DON'T take an entourage or just take maybe one person. Don't let anyone tell you that "This is your dress". You have to know what you like and what you can see yourself walking down the aisle to. Take your time and don't rush. Shop around, take pics and then make a decision. Pictures really helped me envision my dress. 

I attached a pic of my dress! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I SAID YES TO A SECOND DRESS!!...after regrets of my first

• I Said Yes to my dress!!!! I am so relieved and grateful that I found my dress. I went Saturday with 3 people to try on dresses and felt the pressure to get this dress that was absolutely gorgeous and fit perfect on me but I didn't feel it was THE ONE! I said yes and immediately regretted my choice. Put a deposit on the dress and just felt like I made the wrong decision. I called the shop back Monday and asked if I could come back to try it on and see if there is another dress that I will LOVE! So I went last night and I tried my original dress (a ball gown) back on and felt NOTHING. Then I tried on this gorgeous beaded, fitted dress with an organza ruffled skirt and fell in LOVE! 

Advice to anyone that is indecisive like me...DON'T take an entourage or just take maybe one person. Don't let anyone tell you that "This is your dress". You have to know what you like and what you can see yourself walking down the aisle to. Take your time and don't rush. Shop around, take pics and then make a decision. Pictures really helped me envision my dress. 

I attached a pic of my dress! 
    This is all good advice. I'm glad you found one that you love!
    *********************************************************************************

• Congrats on finding your dress. And very good advice. Plus, your dress rocks!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Congrats! I agree, pictures were invaluable for me when I was trying to decide. How you think you look in a dress can often be VERY different from how you photograph in it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Glad it worked out for you. Did they let you transfer your deposit?
  • Thank you all! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Thank you! Yes, they let me transfer it over and my dress was $100 less than the original dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Thank you! Yes, they let me transfer it over and my dress was $100 less than the original dress. 
    That is great, lots of places wouldn't do that for you. Make sure you stop looking at other dresses though!
  • Congratulations!  I'm so pleased that you found something you loved and the salon was accommodating.  
    That is great, lots of places wouldn't do that for you. Make sure you stop looking at other dresses though!
    They were so nice and helpful.  They wanted to make sure I found the right dress. I certainly will not look at other dresses. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations!  I'm so pleased that you found something you loved and the salon was accommodating.  
    Thank you.  They were really nice throughout the entire process. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards