New York-New York City

In desperate need of an affordable hotel block

I am getting married in October at the Central Park Boathouse and am having a difficult time finding an affordable hotel for our guests.  Most of our guests are traveling from out of town and I am trying to minimize the Manhattan sticker shock.  The best price that I am getting is $290, but after taxes it is $325 per night. Ideally, I would love to find at least one hotel option that is around $200 if such a thing exists.  If anyone has any hotel recommendations or tips it would be greatly appreciated.  Please help!!!

Re: In desperate need of an affordable hotel block

• Thank you! I will start calling asap!

• Oh I'm dying to know who contacted you, can you share? Message me maybe?
  • yes same here please!
  • Seriously!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry, I just realized I never posted this.  The person who responded removed their post although I was unable to find any of the rates provided. 

Apparently October is the most expensive time of year for hotels. The best rates we were able to find were New York Marriott East Side (in Midtown- $295), Doubletree in Financial District ($250), the Roosevelt (Midtown - $279). I was hoping to do better but compared to the standard rates offered during this time, I think we got a great rate.  Good luck!

• oof..that is rough. My wedding is in Brooklyn, and believe it or not the hotels are just as expensive. I have been telling my friends who are more adventurous to look at AirBnB! For family and myself we are looking at the Brooklyn Marriott, but its' in the $200's for a room. I think in NYC is challenging to get a block. There are so many hotels here and chance are my savvy friends will find better deals than I can. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked our block and the Holiday Inn Express in LIC for $199/night. We're getting married in Astoria, so the location is great for us. I was happy with that. Cathy, who handles the blocks, was very helpful and responsive.
  • Hey @arcrooks04, where in Astoria are you getting married? I live in Astoria, and we're getting married at the Queens County Farm Museum. We're hoping to get an affordable hotel block in LIC too.
  • I'm also getting married at the Central Park Boathouse in October, I did my hotel block at the NYLO hotel through Kleinfeld booking. Kleinfelds was helpful they work with your budget to try and find reasonable prices and if the rooms don't get booked we are not held responsible they just get released back into general bookings which was a huge relief since our guests still haven't decided if they are using the hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards