Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Didn't Like my Hair Trial!

I went for my 2nd hair trial yesterday with the woman I booked with. I really like the stylist, she's super patient with me, I just don't like how the style translated in pictures. I'm super anxious in general, so I don't know if going for ANOTHER trial will even help at this point. Plus trials aren't cheap. I'm also not getting great feedback from my mother and MOH (sister) who seem ambivalent about the style. I obviously want to look nice and not MEH. Should I go for another trial to get some piece of mind? 

Re: Didn't Like my Hair Trial!

• Maybe you need a new stylist?? I had a terrible hair trial. So terrible that I canceled the salon and booked someone else. I really think that if you have two bad ones with the same stylist she isn't getting your vision!
  • Well I put down a deposit with this company a while ago. So I don't think its her fault necessarily, I think I don't know what looks good on me. I'm very indecisive so I don't have a clear vision. I have 6 weeks to go and I keep changing my mind.
  • Do you have a picture of what she did?  Maybe you need some outside perspective from people who aren't ambivalent about wedding hair :)

• Here you go! Hopefully you guys can see the images. Maybe I feel weird because I'm not wearing makeup? Or do I need something simpler because the headpiece is very large?

Thanks!
  • I actually really like it! And the hairpiece is fantastic! What is it that you are uncertain about? Have you considered adding highlights? When I had my first hair trial I liked the design but it seemed kind of one note. My stylist suggested that I get some highlights (nothing crazy, just something subtle) to help show off the details a bit more and it really helped. But you certainly don't need highlights but it is something to consider. I think once you have your makeup done and your dress on your hair will really pop.

• Thank you, @Maggie0829 ! I guess I envisioned something simpler more sleek and simple, so the headpiece was the focal point and I was afraid it looked a little "matronly." I think you are right about the makeup and dress, my plaid shirt doesn't do much for the look. Haha

• I think the headpiece is definitely the focal point and I would consider that hairstyle pretty simple and sleek.  If you wanted something a bit more simple and sleek have you considered a french twist? Classic, timeless and a hairstyle that will definitely assure that the hairpiece is the focal point.

• I definitely second everything @Maggie0829 said about some subtle highlights. The extra bit of color will really help your hair to pop. Your photos are gorgeous! Once you have your makeup and your dress on I don't think you're going to feel like it's falling flat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards